You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sid's and Star's in the Built in simulator

John Gayford 814699

John Gayford 814699
Posted
Posted

First to Gergely thank you very much for building such an amazing program.

I have been building some scenario's to use in the self instruction mode in the built in simulator but am having problems with the use of Sid's and Star's.

The simulator will automatically asign Sid's and Star's to my aircraft in the scenario but the simulated aircraft continue to fly their original flight planned routes.

After the Sid's or Star's have been asigned if i open the flight plan the flight planned routes are changed by having the Sid and Star waypoints added to the flight plan.

However the route being flown by the aircraft as shown in the simulator dialog route box indicates that the aircraft is still flying the original flight planned route.

If I manually enter the new route including the sids and stars in the route section of the simulator dialog box all works well.

My question is should the aircraft automatically fly the new routes after [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning sids and stars or do i have to manually amend the route in the simulator dialog route box.

Thanks in advance.

John Gayford

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You have to do that manually, I'm not aware ES to inset the SID's and STAR's points in the route of the plane in Simulator. Also changing the FP will do nothing. FP and route are two different things.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

John,

The SIDs and STARs displayed as the route has no link at all to the path the plane will follow in simulator mode. The first works just like when you are controlling. The route is extracted from the FP and displayed as suggested route. The plane itself will follow the points defined in the $ROUTE line in the scenario file.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer