You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC text problems

Yvan Ung 987353

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

Here's the thing: when I try issuing instructions via text to a pilot that is not voice-capable, I am unable to type anything in the "chat bar" at the bottom of the VRC window. This really annoys me when I control flights whose pilots have mic problems. However, when I pilot, I can text on UNICOM just fine.

Regards,

Yvan Ung

Come pilot the longest and sharpest flying pencils of the online world!

China Eastern Virtual

Michael Oberg 855611
Posted
Posted

Yvan,

Just exactly is it doing? You can't even get a blinking cursor in the chat bar??

Michael Oberg

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

The blinking cursor is the only thing I get. Whenever I want to type anything in it, let it be an instruction on text or a .wallop, it just doesn't show up in the chat bar.

Regards,

Yvan Ung

China Eastern Virtual

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

So,

The radio text bar is white and not black?

If you check out the post above you in the known issues thread, could this be your problem:

Windows XP SP2 may be required for ATI video card owners

A small but annoying problem has cropped up with some combinations of ATI video cards with Windows XP. Installing or reinstalling SP2 seems to fix it. The problem is that the text in the command entry line shows up as white with a white background, when it is supposed to have a black background.

Note, this was found to happen on some computers that already had SP2 installed. You may need to re-install SP2. It was found that there was a problem with one of the OpenGL .DLLs. It may have been overwritten in a driver upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Paul.

PS...If you don't have an ATI graphics card/chipset, let Ross know. This is known to only affect ATI cards/chipsets. If you have a different card, I'm sure Ross would like to know.

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

It's not a white background either...

Regards,

Yvan Ung

China Eastern Virtual