You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PMDG 747/F IRS dead

Vipul Reddy 1007855

Vipul Reddy 1007855
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Well, as the title says it, after all the cockpit preparation, start-up procedures, the IRS still doesn't show up, all the screens are just black and blank. They show up for about 5 seconds and then go dead.

I recently updated my Nvidia drivers, do you think this may be something to do with it?

Vipul

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Are you following the checklist found on the kneeboard? If so, it's wrong, and won't get the IRS aligned properly. I modified the HTML for the checklist in my PMDG, but I believe the original says to switch the IRS selectors to OFF, then NAV, then ALIGN. Really all you need to do is switch them to NAV and they will start the align sequence. It's important that you don't move the aircraft during this time. You also need to enter your geoposition in the FMC. You can down-select it from the GPS position, then up-select it to the blank geo position line. (I forget exactly what it's labeled.) This should get the nav display up and running once the align countdown ends.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Vipul Reddy 1007855
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross,

I am sorry, the title is misleading.

Let me rephrase the title, "My EICAS is dead"

My PMDG737 series works great but the 744 and the 744F EICAS just go blank after 5seconds whether or not its a cold and dark start-up or active start-up.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Take note the EICAS get black if no page is selected.

E.g. if page FUEL is displayed and you push FUEL again (at the page-selection panel) , EICAS goes blank. It is blank until you push FUEL or any page again.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Matthew Bonnett 1053110
Posted
Posted

I ran into the same thing on my system. Thought it was an unfortunate incompatibility with windows 2000. I may have to check again. The aircraft flew and everything, FMC was lit up and functional. Just none of the gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] cockpit section was working; EICAS, PFD, etc.. And I seem to recall the MCP was dead in the water as well, not sure. This was all both an active load direct from 'create a flight', direct switch from the 737NG in a shutdown state, and also switched from the 737NG in a fully started state.

If I figure out anything obvious that gets it all running, I'll be sure to post my results back here.

1053110.png

Vipul Reddy 1007855
Posted
Posted

thanks Matt,

i am trying out a few things aswell, and will post up if anything succeeds.

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

Believe the PMDG forum makes reference to this being a symptom of an invalidated install and that this blanking out the Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] displays is their security measure to combat software piracy. Might be worth reloading and reinstalling the software again...

Dave

Vipul Reddy 1007855
Posted
Posted

Thanks David, that solver my problem

Cheers

Vipul

Matthew Bonnett 1053110
Posted
Posted

Yep. Reinstalled and it works flawlessly now. More specifically I found it was trying to add some odd USB related registry entry in that I had originally blocked via teatimer thinking it was something else trying to sneak in. Apparently it's part of PMDG's security measures. I let it go and add those registry entries and after that it all ran.

1053110.png