You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

The Perfect Event - Register to win over $500 in prizes

Mathew Magera 931028

Mathew Magera 931028
Posted
Posted

Perfection is on its way.

PLEASE VISIT: http://www.zobartcc.org/events/event.php?action=View&eventid=93 FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE BURNIN' RUBBER AND NICE RIDE CONTESTS. YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THOSE TWO IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE. THE SCREENSHOT CONTEST REQUIRES NO REGISTRATION.

ZOB ARTCC Announces Greater Detroit VII: The Perfect Event

When: Saturday December 13th at 7pm Eastern Time (0000z on Sunday)

Where: KDTW (Detroit Wayne County Airport) and surrounding area

In order to make this event a true perfect event, ZOB is offering pilots a chance to participate in 3 different contests.

These contests are...

The Annual Screenshot Contest

--Pilot submits up to 3 screenshots from the event which are judged. The top three participants will receive the following prizes...

--1st Place

---COMPUTER PILOT MAGAZINE WILL OFFER ONE (1) 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION

---PMDG SIMULATIONS WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF THE MD-11

---FS2CREW WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF ANY ITEM OTHER THAN FLIGHT CREW X

---AEROSOFT WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF MEGA AIRPORT FRANKFURT

--2nd Place

---AEROSOFT WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF DIGITAL AVIATION PIPER CHEYENNE

---PMDG SIMULATIONS WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF THE MD-11

---IMAGINESIM WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF ANY PRODUCT

--3rd Place

---FS2CREW WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF FLIGHT CREW X

---AEROSOFT WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF BEAVER

Burnin' Rubber Contest - Friday OR Saturday

--Pilot signs up and must take off and land at KDTW, KDET, KYIP, KPTK, and KARB within the time frame of the event on Friday OR Saturday evening. If pilot qualifies, they will be automatically entered into a drawing to win the following prizes...

---AEROSOFT WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF MEGA AIRPORT HEATHROW

---FEEL THERE WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF ANY PRODUCT

Nice Ride! - Friday AND Saturday

--Pilot signs up and is automatically entered for Friday's FNO and Saturday's Greater Detroit Event. Pilot will choose from the list of aircraft below and fly that aircraft to the event. Prior to the event dates, one of those aircraft will be randomly selected and the pilots who flew that aircraft at least once at any time during either event will be automatically entered into a drawing to win a the following prize...

--Friday Winner

---JUSTFLIGHT WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF ANY PRODUCT

--Saturday Winner

---JUSTFLIGHT WILL OFFER ONE (1) COPY OF ANY PRODUCT

The Aircraft List:

BE76 (DUCHESS), C172 (SKYHAWK), C337 (SKYMASTER), C750 (CITATION X), ATR-72, CRJ-700, ERJ-170, DC-8-70, B737-700, B757-200, B767-300, B767-400, B777-200

PLEASE VISIT: http://www.zobartcc.org/events/event.php?action=View&eventid=93 FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE BURNIN' RUBBER AND NICE RIDE CONTESTS. YOU MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THOSE TWO IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE. THE SCREENSHOT CONTEST REQUIRES NO REGISTRATION.

INTERESTING NOTE: THE SCREENSHOT CONTEST LAST YEAR ONLY YIELDED 1 PARTICIPANT WHO WON BY DEFAULT. THEREFORE, WE ARE ENCOURAGING MORE PARTICIPATION SO THAT WE CAN GIVE AWAY THESE WONDERFUL PRIZES OFFERED BY OUR SPONSORS.

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted
INTERESTING NOTE: THE SCREENSHOT CONTEST LAST YEAR ONLY YIELDED 1 PARTICIPANT WHO WON BY DEFAULT.

Except possibly during cruise, it's extremely difficult to take screen shots of an aircraft and competently pilot it at the same time. The most interesting screen shots require going outside the aircraft and pausing the simulator, which is very unwise during flight and especially during an event.

8564.png

Mathew Magera 931028
Posted
Posted

Well then it appears if you take the worst shot in the world it has a pretty good chance of actually winning.

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted
Except possibly during cruise, it's extremely difficult to take screen shots of an aircraft and competently pilot it at the same time. The most interesting screen shots require going outside the aircraft and pausing the simulator, which is very unwise during flight and especially during an event.

I find ways... I'm sure you can too

P.S. All you need to do is push a button on the keyboard. You can set it up later

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

You could also map it to a joystick button.

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Michael Bonertz 966129
Posted
Posted
I find ways... I'm sure you can too :Wink:
Man, you are sooooooooo unprofessional!!

I found it quiet funny and actually reminds me of myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Mathew Magera 931028
Posted
Posted

Bump... Still time to register!

Happy Thanksgiving!