You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA EVENTS ISSUE

Pete Holske 833650

Pete Holske 833650
Posted
Posted

This is more of a question then an Issue.

Gone are the days of supporting all VAs?

Gone are the days of showing up for scheduled events?

Gone are the days of more then FNO each week?

I am a tad confused, I run my VA and look for events to schedule my pilots in for. The schedules are always empty during the week anymore. There is always FNO, but the problem is most of my pilots drink or have girlfriends, and Friday just doesn't cut it.

Secondly, I try to schedule events with different artcc's and everything seems fine until the night of the event, and we get, well you are not a big enough VA. Maybe people should ask Denver. They have done two of our events and done them well, and we produced traffic, and not only traffic but challenging traffic.

So my question really is. We have simplified VATUSA so much, that there are no events, and no controllers who want to work with smaller VA's. What is the true goal of VATUSA events schedule at this time? Will we ever see more then FNO or a couple saturday afternoon events down the road?

Thank You,

Peter J Holske

Westport Virtual Charters

President / CEO

[email protected]

Eric Shank Van Eenige 9979
Posted
Posted

ZAU would be more than happy to accommodate a VA event, especially during 2300-0300. Visit our web site at www.zauartcc.org and get in contact with the staff.

Eric Shank Van Eenige

Real-World Private Pilot

vZAU Enroute Controller

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

I removed the poll. The permissions were set wrong on the forum after we re-opened it. Sorry for the trouble.

RJ

John Cierpial 1008209
Posted
Posted

Pete,

That's a good question and I noticed it too. As for your VA and any other VAs who have been told that they're "too small", they're more than welcome to stop by the NYARTCC at any time and we'll make our own spur of the moment event!

CTP Planning Team Member

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Pete,

I agree and understand your concern. ZDC would love to coordinate some VA events with you. With the challenging approaches and dedicated controllers in and at ZDC, you won't be disappointed!

Justin

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the honorable ZDV mention .

Perhaps this is a complaint that should be directed to VATUSA5 unless you can work it out with the facility ATM and events coordinator. Sorry to hear about that.

Yusuf Pulatov 1054147
Posted
Posted

Pete,

ZTL would be more than happy to provide you with an event, just go to www.vztlartcc.org , Contact our Events Coordinator - Ricardo Sosa, he will set you up with an event in ZTL.

Cheers

[img]http://online.vatsimindicators.net/1054147/4730.png[/img]

Donovan Ernst 904151
Posted
Posted

Honolulu events page is http://honoluluartcc.net/events/laniuscms/index.php

Thanks

Don

Don Ernst

I1, HCF_ATM

7684.png

• 3 weeks later...
Zach Saxman 972495
Posted
Posted

Pete,

ZFW ARTCC is always willing to accommodate any event you throw at us. I have just become the EC at ZFW and we are looking to have at least a weekly VA event. You can shoot an email to me at ec(at)zfwartcc.com (I think im allowed to put my email in here). Im not sure which VA is yours or I would contact you myself.

Im sorry to here about your past experiences with "busted" events. Hope everything is smooth from here on out!

Happy flying!

Zach

ZFW ARTCC

C3 Controller

Go Steelers!

Tommy Rogers 971040
Posted
Posted

The problem that I've seen many times is that VA's give the ARTCCs like a day or two notice when an event is going to happen and expect full ATC support with such sort notice.

I'll throw a plug for ZOB also, if you are interested in having an event in ZOB (KDTW, KCLE, KPIT or others) Please feel free to contact me directly at events zobartcc.org and we'll do our best. We're always open to any sized events!

Good Day!

Tommy Rogers, C-3

ZMA Controller

Vatsim Supervisor

Jason Baxter 920557
Posted
Posted

Also some VAs make a habit of planning a flight and despite ATC only 3 or 4 out of 20 show up.

CS13_Sig_D.jpg