You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATNZ Flight Plan Requirement Policy posted

Mark Richards

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

VATNZ have today posted official policy on the requirement to file a Flightplan when flying in the VATNZ airspace.

The policy can be found HERE.

We would request that ALL pilots, IFR or VFR now file a flight plan so that we can track the movements in the VATNZ Airspace.

Reasons for this policy:

• The aircraft type from the flight plan is needed by the pilot client software to correctly display the aircraft to other pilots.
  • The arrival/departure airports are required to correctly track the flight the VATNZ Online Activity system.
  • Some of the pilot clients will automatically submit the last used flight plan in the event that the pilot does not enter themselves, leading to potentially incorrect and confusing information being displayed to pilots and ATC.

VATNZ has an interest in accurately keeping track of who is flying in our airspace, and what sort of hours are being logged on both sides of the scope over a given period of time. It's one of the ways we measure our growth and success as a division, and it also provides us with information around where people are flying/what sorts of flights/what times of day/etc that help us to plan better events in the future. Without filing at least a departure and arrival airport, your flight is not included in this data and it becomes that much more inaccurate. We greatly appreciate the information that is gathered from this process.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Alexander Nolting 887789
Posted
Posted
The aircraft type from the flight plan is needed by the pilot client software to correctly display the aircraft to other pilots.

No this isn't how it works. The flightplan aircraft code has nothing to do with what the clients are sending to each other (a seperated information packet).

Some of the pilot clients will automatically submit the last used flight plan in the event that the pilot does not enter themselves, leading to potentially incorrect and confusing information being displayed to pilots and ATC.

Also the pilot clients isn't involved here, it is the server that stores the last used flightplan for a callsign. For all clients you need to submit the flightplan to the server manualy, there is no automatism.

“the biggest enemy of freedom are happy slaves“

James Larkin 974215
Posted
Posted
Some of the pilot clients will automatically submit the last used flight plan in the event that the pilot does not enter themselves, leading to potentially incorrect and confusing information being displayed to pilots and ATC.

Also the pilot clients isn't involved here, it is the server that stores the last used flightplan for a callsign. For all clients you need to submit the flightplan to the server manualy, there is no automatism.

Actually Alexander, FSinn will automatically send a FP if its been used previously. I know for a fact because I'll be pre-flighting my aircraft but I would already have an FP filed, I'd go to check it and it would be the previous flight, its also noted that even a change in callsign, FSinn will still have this.

Regards,

James Larkin

vAir Marshal

Chief of Air Force

RAAFvirtual.org