You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Virtual Air Canada

Alexander Zy 1082493

Alexander Zy 1082493
Posted
Posted

Hey,

My friend is trying to join Virtual Air Canada. He got a test score of 95%, sent in the application, and waited for more then 2 weeks with still no response. I could not believe this since it says you will get a response after 3 DAYS. I sent in an application with a test score of100% and no response whatsoever. Can anyone tell me what is going on or why Virtual Air Canada isn't accepting any more members.

When in doubt, hold onto your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.

4427901451_1e411df977_o.jpg

Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline®

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I don't think they're that active on the website front.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Anthony ImBoden
Posted
Posted

Best thing to do would be to look for an email address on the website, and have your friend contact them.

Anthony ImBoden (CDN008)

Vice President of Events & Public Relations

Canadian Airlines Virtual

Fly the Goose. Fly Canadian.

http://www.flycav.com

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

Same thing happened to me. I've applied about 3 times in the last few months, with a test score of 90-100 every time. I also sent in a message from the contact form and still nothing.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Lukas Kusiak 1016006
Posted
Posted

VP Flight Crews is back online.... I know it's been a while.

Jody- Just curious, but have you ever been with them before? On one of the flight releases I have here you're listed as FO for some reason. Anywho...

Lukas Kusiak

CZWG Winnipeg FIR Instructor

7508.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Yes I was, it was my first VA. It got old after a bit.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted
VP Flight Crews is back online.... I know it's been a while.

Jody- Just curious, but have you ever been with them before? On one of the flight releases I have here you're listed as FO for some reason. Anywho...

I was... probably a year ago. Does that mean that our applications are now being processed?

Jody Turner - I1

8942.png

• 1 month later...
David Voogd 857885
Posted
Posted

the application webpage is broken... get an error every time I submit in Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer.

David V

Jen Galbraith 1084907
Posted
Posted

They seem to be having some technical issues on the website recently. I've been a pilot with them for 2+ years (I was inactive for a bit in the middle of my time there). The website has been malfunctioning since early December (can't submit flight bids or pireps). Your best bet is trying to email a member of the executive team and hopefully someone will get back to you.

4398.png

Daniel Gustin 940540
Posted
Posted

Yea you've got to love how they have 1568 active pilots. My name is probably still in there somewhere even though I've done a flight with them about 2-3 years ago. They still have that award up there, the one that doesn't exist anymore (Top 10 VA). Oh! Don't forget the Saturday Scramble Jul 19th! Man what happened to em?

Daniel Gustin

VATEUD3 -Training Director Pilots

eud_logo.png

Come on kids! The more forum posts you have, the better!

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted
Yea you've got to love how they have 1568 active pilots. My name is probably still in there somewhere even though I've done a flight with them about 2-3 years ago. They still have that award up there, the one that doesn't exist anymore (Top 10 VA). Oh! Don't forget the Saturday Scramble Jul 19th! Man what happened to em?

Most likely the only thing still working are the forums. They aren't accesible if you aren't a member though.I still have access even though, I quit more than a year ago.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

It's a shame that a Nation Carrier VA is down the toilet. We need more decent Canadian VAs. Are there any at all?

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted
It's a shame that a Nation Carrier VA is down the toilet. We need more decent Canadian VAs. Are there any at all?

Canadian virtual is good but they don't exist in real life anymore.I'm still a member of Virtual Westjet.vPorter is good as well. Maybe someone will remake VAC someday.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

• 2 months later...
Justin Martin
Posted
Posted

Canadian virtual is good but they don't exist in real life anymore.I'm still a member of Virtual Westjet.vPorter is good as well. Maybe someone will remake VAC someday.

Hey, the goose may have a broken wing, a smashed beak, and various forms of terminal pancreatic disease, but Canadian is still a viable airline! (Ok, so it's not, but the VA is probably one of the best supported ones available online these days)

Justin.png

Robert Hedan 1099295
Posted
Posted

Yup, Canadian Virtual Airline:

http://canadianva.com/

"What's that beeping sound?"

955.png

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

Yeah - CVA was pretty quiet for some seasons there, but there's a few core people who have decided to move things along. May still not be up to par with the hundreds and thousands on some VAs, but it's still ticking along and we're having a good time.

We're always happy to get some new blood. Your efforts won't be wasted there.

cheers

Rob

Edit: I guess I haven't been around here much either; we're now up to 12 years old! Or is that 13? :-0

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Virtual WestJet is looking nice again. I have been flying solely DVA For the past year. I think they're the best Canadian VA on VATSIM right now.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

What's DVA?

Rob Vanderkam

955.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
What's DVA?

Delta Virtual Airlines.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

Am I the only one that didn't know Delta was Canadian?

Rob Vanderkam

955.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Am I the only one that didn't know Delta was Canadian?

I think the software qualifies under CanCon rules, so maybe a little bit Canadian.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

I've been flying DVA for a little while and never knew they were a Canadian VA either

Jody Turner - I1

8942.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I've been flying DVA to fill the void left by a lack of a Canadian national carrier.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted

So there's CVA, VWJ, and don't forget http://cpairva.com/, a VA put together by a CVA alumnus, Bruce Wood.

Rob Vanderkam

955.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted
So there's CVA, VWJ, and don't forget http://cpairva.com/, a VA put together by a CVA alumnus, Bruce Wood.

I've been a pilot at VWJ since 07. Up until recently they didnt look that active, but now I'm just starting to flying them again.

Westjet and Air Canada are the only current national carriers of Canada.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png