You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Sound

Alex Bailey 969331

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

When you switched systems, did you download VRC again from the website or just try to transfer the files? If you didn't, re-download VRC and it will give you the proper files.

Hopefully that helps

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

open your VRC folder, see if the sound files are actually in there. if theyre not, thatd be why. why they wouldnt be there if reinstalled is beyond me tho, but stuff happens.

if they are there. start up VRC, check your sound options, make sure each event is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a sound.

as for the voice transmissions. if your also not getting those. then id suspect it may actually be your sound card, not VRC causing this. check your volume settings in the mixer controls.

you said it only happens with vrc tho so dont skip the small stuff either, theyre always the ones that cause the biggest headaches

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

how about in VRC, go to setting -> audio devices, check that you select your sound card and the volume sliders are max. i just tried that, thats the only way i was able to not hear the sounds or voice if they were low