You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ACSim headings

Shawn Fitts 986110

Shawn Fitts 986110
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

While trying master ACSim this afternoon, i realized my headings I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned were WAY off. It was always 60 degress off the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading. Anyone ever have this issue before?

thanks

Shawn

www.eastjetvirtual.com | Come fly with Us!

• 3 months later...
John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I have the same problem with ACSim with my Thailand files. They are about 15 degrees off from what I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign. The weird thing is that it works fine with my ZKC ARTCC files. Shawn is it still doing that for you or did you find anything out. It has been over 3 months since you posted.

John Holt

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

Yep, its a known problem with ACSIM, its either something to do with the magnetic variation or that the nm per lat/lon is defaulted to 60, both of which would distort the headings.

Craig

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the update!! I did set the lat/lon correctly. The program is still great for training. I have just been adding 15 deg to all the headings and it gets it close!!!

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director

• 9 months later...
Tyler Goeggel 1071085
Posted
Posted

Bumping this topic, is their by any chance a way it can be fixed in either the .acs or sector file?

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

A few years ago while instructing at Seattle we ran into a similiar problem. It turns out that we had a sector file where we used pseudo-NDBs to indicate the MVA in an area. Not suprisingly, these NDBs were named things like "060" and "120". When you then issued a heading of "060" to an airplane, it happily flew direct to the "NDB". It may be a longshot but check your sector file for any such waypoints or navaids. Magnetic variation should be specified in the sector file and could cause an issue but I've never heard of a 60 degree difference!

Tomas Hansson

Tyler Goeggel 1071085
Posted
Posted
A few years ago while instructing at Seattle we ran into a similiar problem. It turns out that we had a sector file where we used pseudo-NDBs to indicate the MVA in an area. Not suprisingly, these NDBs were named things like "060" and "120". When you then issued a heading of "060" to an airplane, it happily flew direct to the "NDB". It may be a longshot but check your sector file for any such waypoints or navaids. Magnetic variation should be specified in the sector file and could cause an issue but I've never heard of a 60 degree difference!

Hey Thomas,

This doesn't seem to be the issue we're having. I think it has something to do with adding a line in the sector file or something.

Thanks for the response