You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA TESTING

Graeme Florance 906409

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

I love flying in all of VATUSA's airspace, except ZLA, as there are some wonderful controllers out there and it obviously speaks to the training they recieved.

Come again? Either there's a typo there, or a few levels of sarcasm. I honestly can't which it is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Graeme Florance 906409

• Brian Swintal 867195

• Alex Bailey 969331

• Dan Leavitt 1081600

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Graeme Florance 906409

Graeme Florance 906409 12 posts

• Brian Swintal 867195

Brian Swintal 867195 8 posts

• Alex Bailey 969331

Alex Bailey 969331 6 posts

• Dan Leavitt 1081600

Dan Leavitt 1081600 6 posts

Popular Days

• Dec 23 2008

62 posts

Dan Leavitt 1081600
Posted
Posted
Ok time out. Before I open my mouth again how many questions are on the exam and what is a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing grade. From the sounds of it there are 25 questions and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing is an 80%

correct, 25 questions, and an 80% or greater p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es you

Dan Leavitt (1081600)

Dan Leavitt

vZAU En Route Controller

American Virtual Airlines

ORD Hub Ops Director

joinava.org

Brian Swintal 867195
Posted
Posted

I love flying in all of VATUSA's airspace, except ZLA, as there are some wonderful controllers out there and it obviously speaks to the training they recieved.

Come again? Either there's a typo there, or a few levels of sarcasm. I honestly can't which it is.

No. No typo or sarcasm. I've had several bad experiences flying in and out of ZLA so I avoid it and do my own thing.

Brian Swintal 867195
Posted
Posted
Fair enough Brian, but if a re-score were to take place we could only really throw out one of his two challenges. One of the questions was a simple exchange of one word, which I would never throw out. The second was the removal of a word to make the question much more clear, and IF I were to throw that out then his score is 19/24 and is still a failure.

And that is were you run into our side of the argument. Does VATSIM or VATUSA have a policy in place that sets the rules out in case something like this was to a rise or was it always take on a case by case basis?

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

The OP didn't come anywhere close to following the appropriate escalation procedure to find a resolution he may or may not agree with as these things can turn out either way.

This is nothing more than an undisciplined end run attempt to get what one wants while thumbing one's nose, and as many friend's noses as can be collected, at the proper way to do business within VATSIM. I expect any such attempts won't get the attention in the way the OP hopes as he tears down any support he might otherwise find in the escalation path by this tactic. At one point it looks like Alex was trying to go to bat for him but at this point, unless he follows the proper procedure, he is unlikely to find any champions for his cause and if you think that is sweeping it under the rug then you are entitled to that misinformed, in my view, opinion.

So, two choices here - OP follows the correct procedure, or this conversation is over. If you wish to chat with Alex and Gary about VATUSA testing policies and procedures, please contact them by email. We will not be deciding policy here.

The thread won't get locked if the membership has the discipline to not require it. I am an eternal optimist but regularly get that thrown in my face.,

Kyle Ramsey

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Really is quite simple. Test was tainted and voided. Do over after some review.

RJ

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted
The OP didn't come anywhere close to following the appropriate escalation procedure to find a resolution he may or may not agree with as these things can turn out either way.

Kyle makes an excellent point here.

While my personal opinion of the argument does not make any difference here, I think that we should at the very least provide others with the proper escalation means so that in the future they understand options other than bringing it to this forum.

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted

There is FAR more to this story than you have been told...

VATUSA1 made the right call, made the expected call, and made the SAME call that the STAFF of vZAU would have made had it been our decision. Gary, THANK YOU for your time and consideration of Graeme's INITIAL appeal. I am sorry it has come to this...

Graeme, you were advised of your options, you were given OUR recommendations, and you were informed within minutes of receiving information regarding your issue.

Your OWN impatience is what has brought us to this point, and SHOULD you choose to take this to DCRM, the WHOLE story will come out.

And that's all the staff of vZAU has to say about that...

Best of luck,

J. Jason Vodnansky

vZAU ATM

Graeme Florance 906409
Posted
Posted

I'll say it again. The questions were valid and were correct.

All I did was revise the questions to make them even more clear. It was a service to the membership to change a question that one person takes issue with out of hundreds who have taken the test.

So you changed CORRECT questions out of the good of your heart Sounds like a waste of your time Alex.... Have you changed the entire test bank since i sent you that initial email. As apparently they are also CORRECT.

Graeme Florance 906409
Posted
Posted
, and SHOULD you choose to take this to DCRM, the WHOLE story will come out.

And that's all the staff of vZAU has to say about that...

Did i or did i not take a test that was invalid ???????? Did 2 questions that were on the test get thrown out????????

Regardless of what other issues you speak off this is all I am trying to clarify.

Graeme Florance 906409
Posted
Posted

To those that have come out in support of changing outdated policies. You have my sincere thanks. I appreciate all of you taking the time to post your opinons. Yes i was hopeful that common sense would prevail and i would be afforded the oppertunity to retake the test sooner rather than later. The real reason that I brought these issues to a public forum was because i feel the system is wrong and is now closing ranks and deflecting the real issue at hand. I have achieved that goal !!!!!

Lets now let a beaten horse lay !!!

Cheers

Graeme

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Yeah, we're done here.

Kyle Ramsey