You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Applications Being Accepted for VATUSA ACE Team

Mathew Magera 931028

Mathew Magera 931028
Posted
Posted

VATUSA is now accepting applications for the ACE Team. If you are interested, please read the information below and submit completed applications to [email protected].

NOTAM -- I am out of town most of Janaury so you may not receive a response until after the 26th of the month. Applications will be accepted until 1/31/09.

Welcome to the ACE Team, VATUSA’s Advanced Controllers for Events. The ACE Team is a group of highly skilled controllers which has volunteered to make itself available [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isting ARTCC’s with event staffing.

The ACE Team members were selected based upon 1) volunteering for the position 2) broad experience, 3) absence of disciplinary history, 4) recommendation of their ATM or their Regional Director and 5) approved by VATUSA Events Director.

ACE Team Application Process:

1). All Applications should be emailed to [email protected]

2). Each applicant must meet the following criteria

- C1 Rating or higher

- Absence of disciplinary history on VATSIM

- Flexible in availability, as little as 48hrs notice

- Quick learner, available to work any position Delivery thru En-route.

3). Each applicant must submit the following in his/her application

- Full Name

- VATSIM CID

- Primary ARTCC

- Any Visiting Controller Status (if applicable)

- VATSIM Rating

- Complete the following question in at least 100 words…

o Give a brief history of your experience on VATSIM including date joined, any staff positions held, etc.

o Why do you want to be a member of the ACE Team?

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Just out of curiosity for those of us who were already members before - does everyone have to re-apply for this now (ie: is it starting from scratch again?) or are you just looking for more members now?

Thanks,

AJ

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

• 4 weeks later...
Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Any news on this Matt?

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Mathew Magera 931028
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I didn't realize this forum still existed. No wonder the new forum is so empty, everyone is posting here.

No, there is no need to re-apply. I will be getting in touch with current members shortly to get some simple information.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Too darned many forums to check, so I don't use the new ones.

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

I have to keep re-registering on the new ones (I'm guessing it's a firefox issue and the cookie isn't storing or something). No idea...

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

-AJ

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted
I have to keep re-registering on the new ones (I'm guessing it's a firefox issue and the cookie isn't storing or something). No idea...

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

-AJ

Andrew as it says when you login for the first time you must validate your email address, if you don't do it your account gets reset.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

My email system wasn't showing that registration email... that's why. Checked the anti-spam system and there it was. Should be good now.

Thanks,

AJ