You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[NOTAM] - Event NOTAM - Raymond James Stadium

David Klain 874106

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

Just to avoid any of the questions and posting that ocurred before -- Robbie's post (above) was coordinated between ZMA, VATUSA, VATNA and the BoG and is fully authorized.

Note that the NOTAM procedures (specifically registering in advance) are in place to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in traffic management and all pilots are encouraged to do so. Pilots who forget to register will receive a slot from ZMA when they check-in to ZMA's airspace while inbound.

Pilots who are operating VFR in the area, not participating in the event will be able to do so as long as the remain clear of Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] B airspace and will NOT be required to talk to ATC (just like normal). If on the other hand a pilot wishes to experience communications with ATC under real-world conditions, a VFR pilot would be encouraged to talk to ATC before entering the affected airspace, get that squawk, etc.

I want to publicly thank Robbie and his team for working very hard to put together a good event that does exactly what VATSIM tries to do:

- provide a realistic ATC experience for those who want it and/or want to learn while simultaneously providing service and not denying use of the VATSIM network to those who just want to fly.

This is exactly the kind of balance I believe the founders were talking about in their open letter to the community and reflects the best that VATSIM offers and what differentiates this network from others out there.

Again, for those participating, I'd encourage you to pre-register as it will help the event managers plan for traffic and man sectors appropriately.

Lastly, let's all get out there and have some fun. Remember....it's time to fly!

Dave

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

That's more like it.

Thanks to all for coordinating and ensuring the most inclusiveness of this event. I controlled in ZAB during last year's Superbowl and it's truly something to behold. I know ZMA will do an excellent job.

Ed Tomlinson 1014292
Posted
Posted

[/noNOTAM]

Just a quick personal comment I'd like to make is, that I believe this latest NOTAM is a nice touch!

One of the finest effects of VATSIM to be enjoyed is the immersion in a complete aviation mindset. It seems apparent that this level of professionalism and organization continues to raise the bar year-over-year for the flight sim community.

So, many thanks and much appreciation out to the Event coordinators, Management and of course Controllers for making this community a truly fun and magnificent place for pilots to fly and receive quality ATC!

- Ed

[NOTAM]

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Great job to Robbie, ZMA, VATUSA, VATNA and the BoG...

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

see what happens when adults come together and actually act like adults? i think some folks could learn a few things from this.

personally doesnt make much sense to me for it to be there and then not be there at the same time but i dont have to like it to agree with it

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

That is a pretty mature attitude, Ernesto, thanks.

This is an example of how the founders have challenged us all to create an environment that appeals to several levels of realism and thus enjoyment and education of more users of our system. Robbie and his team have struck a nice balance between the high realism folks and the low realism folks such that their event will be spectacular for all and used as a template for others seeking a similar balance in future events.

Nice work, ZMA and good luck.

Kyle Ramsey

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
Robbie and his team have struck a nice balance between the high realism folks and the low realism folks such that their event will be spectacular for all

I would nearly go so far to say as its as "real as it gets"

This is one I certainly look forward to flying in.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Nice job to everyone involved. ++1

Gregory Sumner 883451
Posted
Posted

Excellent, very nice to see such a positive post for a change here. Way to go ZMA and best of luck with the event.

BlackCatSignature.jpg