You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[NOTAM] New VATUSA Forum

Gary Millsaps 830104

Gary Millsaps 830104
Posted
Posted

To: All VATUSA Membership

VATUSA IT Administration is pleased to announce the opening of the new VATUSA Membership Forum located at: http://forum.vatusa.net

This new forum combines the resources of both the general VATUSA Sub-forum on the VATSIM Forum (this forum) and the VATUSA Staff Forum and has many added features. All posts from these two forums have been duplicated on the new forum and are available for reference or continued discussion. The VATUSA Staff Forum will cease operations as of January 4, 2009.

We encourage each member to visit the new forum and login as instructed with your VATSIM CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Your new forum account will be created automatically with all of the forum area access privileges appropriate to your account.

We hope this new forum will better serve the VATUSA staff and membership and invite each of you to explore, post your thoughts, and yes, even critique the efforts.

Thank you.

Gary Millsaps

VATUSA1

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me...

guaranteed."

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Hi Gary, what will happen with this forum? Will new posts be copied as well? Seems by doing this, we'll have two separate areas that questions will be asked/answered. Will there be a preference to which is to be used?

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted
Hi Gary, what will happen with this forum? Will new posts be copied as well? Seems by doing this, we'll have two separate areas that questions will be asked/answered. Will there be a preference to which is to be used?

We would prefer you VATUSA hosted forums (the new ones) but these forums will be monitored as well.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

When will the VANTA forums open?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Steve Jones 971079
Posted
Posted
We encourage each member to visit the new forum and login as instructed with your VATSIM CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Your new forum account will be created automatically with all of the forum area access privileges appropriate to your account.

I tried to login with my VATSIM CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, however, I received an error that stated "Sorry, we could not find a member using those log in details."

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

I tried to login with my VATSIM CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, however, I received an error that stated "Sorry, we could not find a member using those log in details."

Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure what you are using is correct, its just your CID and just your VATSIM P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, exactly the same details as you would login to the network with.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi,

You log in exactly the same way you would log into these forums.

Cheers!

Paul.

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi,

You log in exactly the same way you would log into these forums.

Cheers!

Paul.

I stand corrected. See below.

Edited by Guest

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

You can log in both ways, either full name and CID or just CID on these forums here.

VATUSA forum is only CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Brandon Bartell 968788
Posted
Posted

You can login to this forum using just your CID and VATSIM P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Brandon Bartell

Controller

Atlanta ARTCC

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Oh no kidding? Bah! Here I am typing the whole darn thing when I'm away from my computer. Brilliant!

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Steve Jones 971079
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I'm not sure what I did differently yesterday, but it is working fine now.

Thanks again.

Zach Saxman 972495
Posted
Posted

Great job guys! The forum is wonderful!

ZFW ARTCC

C3 Controller

Go Steelers!

• 1 year later...
Gary Millsaps 830104
Posted
Posted

I'm sure someone is already aware but just in case, the VATUSA site and forum appear to have lost the connection needed to verify CIDs & PWs for access.

Thanks,

Gary Millsaps

VATUSA1

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me...

guaranteed."

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

There was an issue with the interface to CERT. Jim Johnson has emailed VATNA about it. The forum scripts will need to be updated to reflect new access info for CERT.

Dave

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Everything should be working now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!