You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Taxiway Markings added to Display

Brian Fuller 973577

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Is there a way to add taxiway markings to the airport diagram?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sure, they need to be added to the sector file like any other part of the diagram.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Is there any type of "how-to" guide in regards to sector files?

Sure, they need to be added to the sector file like any other part of the diagram.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Not that I know of ... I've never built one myself ... maybe someone else can post some resources for you.

Michael Hodge Jr 961044
Posted
Posted

Brian,

There is this which was made for pro controller, but it is still relevent for the .sct files

http://www.vatsim.net/pcmanual/page20.html

Then there is this straght from the VRC docomeentation on adding the additions for the .sct2 format:

http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/docs/doc.php?page=appendix_f

I don't know if this will help or not, hopefully it does.

-Mike

Michael D. Hodge Jr

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Perfect thanks a ton.

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Any easy way to copy Lat/Lon on where my mouse is over to the clipboard? I have it displayed now and am writing it down, but would be easy if I could copy them to clipboard to paste.

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Ya Mean like this?

PVDFinished.jpg

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Yep, that is my goal

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Go to ZBW's website and download the sector file package for VRC. Look in the G90 Sector file, you can see how I added the taxiway designations using VRC's Static Text feature, allowing you to turn them on and off. That's what I'd reccomend doing, as for getting the coordinates, you can use the mouseover feature in VRC, or use the Sector File Editor by the Swiss FIR???? (Not positive on that one, and enter them manually, then transfer that data to show as Static Text, rather than Fixes.

If you need more help, PM me.

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Yep, using the [Labels] key now, its just a pain getting the coords setup. I'll see if I can find that editor.

Thanks

Benton Wilmes
Posted
Posted

What I do for this is use the Debug mode in VRC to get the center point (that cross up on the screen) then turn on the mouse coordinates (since that is the format for the coordinates that the sector file uses). Then I just put notepad (or whatever you want to use for your text editor) right at the edge of that middle cross on VRC. So when I take move my mouse across the screen and over the cross, it will stop right at the cross since the mouse goes into notepad. Then just type in the coordinates that VRC shows...works like a charm!

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Benton Wilmes

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Pretty neat idea.

I was able to find that sector editor, and it will paste the coords in a box for you. So you can just copy/paste right out of that box.

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

If you hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys, and then double-click your RIGHT mouse button once you have your cursor at the point you need, VRC copies the current mouse coordinates to the clipboard.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

I could hug you.

If you hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys, and then double-click your RIGHT mouse button once you have your cursor at the point you need, VRC copies the current mouse coordinates to the clipboard.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I could hug you.

Note that you can switch the format of the copied coordinates using the same configuration setting that controls the display of the coordinates on the screen. (Under general settings.)

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

Thanks

You should add that hotkey to your docs, unless I totally missed it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Thanks

You should add that hotkey to your docs, unless I totally missed it.

Yeah, I thought I had ... but I'm not seeing it now. So if it is in there somewhere, it's not easy to find.