You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

voice repeats itself?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

ok this is a new one for me. didnt have this problem on my old laptop or the PC.

on the new laptop i got (not really new, just repair) my transmissions go through very choppy, i even notice when i record my atis, on the playback its choppy.

i noticed something tho, when i monitor another controller, all the transmissions tend to repeat themselves, not like an echo, but as a full repeat of the transmission that just went through. im not sure if this is part of the problem with my transmissions going through so chopped up or if its a separate issue itself

i have a USB headset, thought that was the problem, connected directly to the jacks on the laptop, same happens

any ideas? went through the VRC forums, and this one, didnt notice any similar reports.

Laptop is a Compaq Presario

Sound - Soundmax Digital

RAM - 500mb

Windows XP

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

In VRC under the audio settings, try using WAVE instead of Direct Sound.

Also in your Soundcard Mixer, make sure you don't have "What you hear" checked (if you have that option).

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

will try the wave option and see. i always have the mic playback muted, i drive myself nuts talking to myself

Brian Fuller 973577
Posted
Posted

What you hear option and muted mic are not the same

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

hmmm will have to look for that one, its not listed on the mixer or mixer options.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

yep that solved the majority of the problem, thanks!

the breaking up part is probably due to ram. i get same when im flying so no biggy, just gotta get more ram i guess. my old 2gb sticks dont fit this one