You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Registration Problem

Chris Carstens

Chris Carstens
Posted
Posted

Hello, I am new to Vatsim.

I signed up yesterday and selected VATUSA for my division. (I checked to make sure of this several times)

However, I still have not recieved an e-mail with a VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, as it says I should. I am interested in becoming a controller, and i have studied the reference materials, but i need the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to take the test. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

The VATUSA database doesn't list you which means, according to it, you're not a VATUSA member and thus not getting an email. Go back and hit the select a division/region page again here: http://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/divas.php

Make sure you join the United States division.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Chris Carstens
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for replying, but as i said, i have already done this. When i clicked your link, this is what i found:

You have already been [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the United States division. Please contact the division director for further information on changing your division.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

Ryan Johnson 935096
Posted
Posted

I too am having this exact same problem. I have sent an email to the director of the USA division and have not recieved a reply back yet. I have check several times like the gentalman that posted prior to me and it states that I am of the USA division and have been since the 23rd of June yet I havnt received an email with a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. I to would really like to take the test but cant under the current situation. If anyone has anyway to help me I would truly appriciate it.

Ryan Johnson

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

It does appear that there may be something broken in the system. I'm trying to bring this to the attention of the people responsible for the servers, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Chris Carstens
Posted
Posted

Mark, thank you VERY much . It seems that it has been noticed and hopefully should be corrected in the near future. You have no idea how confused I was on this.

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

hey just so you know jeff thomas just told me that it should be good in 24 hours.

Aaron Crawley 935316
Posted
Posted

Hey Steve, as of last night at about 700pm central time, still not fixed. I tried for about 45 mintues to find the test and the webpages just keep making you do this unique circle. I emailed Ian at Zau about it last night. I had no problem logging in. Also, when trying to select your division, its asking for a different p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word for chicago center....to join?????

Aaron