You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SEQU. . . arrival procedures

Josh Hjemvick 811983

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Hello gentlemen, I am in the process of starting a tour of the South America's. My first destination of in Equador, SEQU to be exact. As I know it, the airport is smack in the middle of the city, with high terrain in all quadrants. What is the arrival procedures from QIT for approachs into RWY 17 and RWY 35. I know that it entails a number of circuits, but I have been unable to find any approach (QIT to either RWY 17 or 35) procedures, but I do have instrument approach procedures for for RWY 17.

Thanks for all the help!

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

Hey there Josh, and welcome (in advance) to South America

Finding charts to Ecuador is quite a h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le since there's no active Ecuador vACC on Vatsim. However, charts to all main fields in Ecuador can be downloaded here (Ecuador ATC from other network):

http://www.ecuadoratc.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5

Specifically, SEQU can be found here:

http://www.ecuadoratc.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=8

hope that helps a bit

PS: Have you considered flying in to Chile? If so, drop me a line

cheers!

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Javier -

Thanks for the information. I prolly will make a stop in Chile, I'm not sure where, or what other countries I am going to fly through. I just know I would like to see some interesting scenery, and some interesting approachs. Any suggestions? In Chile or elsewhere in south America? I want to head down the western side of the continent, swing across the southern portion, then head back up the eastern side and then back to the US or the islands of the caribbean.

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

Josh, sorry for the late reply, but I'm on the middle of finals at college so time has become a pretty scarce resource lately.

There's quite a few interesting places to visit in south america, although it would depend on what type of plane you're flying. [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming your choice is a jetliner the ones I can think of right know are:

SLLP (La Paz, Bolivia): Quite an interesting airport to fly to/from since it's pretty elevated (not sure about the exact figure, but I belive it's around 14,000 ft) so takeoffs and landings are quite a h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le.

SCEL (Santiago, Chile): Makes an interesting approach above mountain corridors and into the Santiago Valley (which is mainly a hole, surrounded by the Andes and a local smaller mountain chain).

SCCI (Punta Arenas, southern Chile): Nice airport next to the sea, in the southernmost part of Chile. Should be snowy these days and in winter strong winds make approaches a nice interesting challenge

SAWH (Ushuaia, Argentina): Close to SCCI, in the argentinian Patagonia, SAWH is another airport where the winter weather puts your skills to test.

This pretty much covers the western side of the continent after you depart SEQU. As soon as I get a chance I'll try to gather a short list of interesting sites on the eastern side

Godspeed

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

Javier,

Excellent, my 763 is sitting at SCEL right now. Will likely sit there to atleast sunday morning, then I'll be off to one of those two "windy" fields. Most likely into the one in Argentina, just so I can get my Argentina visit out of the way I'll be waiting for your list of good eastern airports to stop at, trying to make a stop per country, so far I have made it to Equador (SEQU), Peru (SPIM), Bolivia (SLLP), and Chile (SCEL).

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png