You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Doing Voice ATIS package's

Abdelrahman M. Elfeky 1044

Posted
Posted

hello ,

Me and My Friend are starting up a profile to be used to control OMAE(Emirates) FIR , Mr. Bernard Candela did great JOB when he done with Gulf.sct , which is great , having all stuff we need to do ATC within the FIR

The only problem is we cant do the Voice ATIS , i been in touch with Mr.Gergely Csernak last week ,and he lend me a great program to convert the recorded WAV files to work with ES . i had also downloaded the UniATIS package ... the only thing left is to record the phrase ' Dubai/Abu Dhabi International Airport ' phrase , in a sound like the UniATIS package or even using the default package coming with ES

Does any one know a program to do the job ... I had seen something called 'AT&T Recorder ' but its payware and didnt find a crack for it

My Best Regards ,,,

s5_logo.png

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted

I used to create ATIS the following programs:

Audacity to convert the file into a 8100 hz files

TextALoud to record voice for airports

Loquendo Voice, to have realistic voice.

I think Uniatis demo has been recorded with US female voice.

Audicity is freeware.

Proud to be a VATITA ATC.

Posted
Posted
I used to create ATIS the following programs:

Audacity to convert the file into a 8100 hz files

TextALoud to record voice for airports

Loquendo Voice, to have realistic voice.

I think Uniatis demo has been recorded with US female voice.

Audicity is freeware.

Great !

Let me check those stuff

My Best Regards

s5_logo.png

Posted
Posted

i had downloaded TextALoud and i get used to it

the problem is the uniATIS voice type isnt there

My Best Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I don't know what Voice the UniAtis example templates are, but I am very lucky with using Textaloud with the additional available "AT&T Natural Voices". Then I use "Goldwave" to cut the beginning and the end of the wav-File and to convert it to 7350 Hz.

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Posted
Posted
Hi,

I don't know what Voice the UniAtis example templates are, but I am very lucky with using Textaloud with the additional available "AT&T Natural Voices". Then I use "Goldwave" to cut the beginning and the end of the wav-File and to convert it to 7350 Hz.

Alex

are those AT&T stuff are payware ??

My Best Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Posted
Posted
Hi,

Alex

are those AT&T stuff are payware ??

My Best Regards,,,

I had found this Link

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

I text and it spoke , and i gave me the option to download ... now when i go to GoldWave and set the playback to 7350 hz , the voice gone with hard pitch

My Best Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted
i had downloaded TextALoud and i get used to it

the problem is the uniATIS voice type isnt there

My Best Regards,,,

I told you to use good voice you should install Loquendo voice. and is not freeware... but...

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

No, the AT&T Voices for Textaloud aren't freeware, they can be bought here: http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html

The free link you posted is a demo from AT&T. Despite the fact that I can't reach this site since some time, theoretically you could use this demo website for building your voice files. Disclaimer: I don't know what the license of this demo says about using the Voices, so probably you want to check that first.

Alex

Posted
Posted
No, the AT&T Voices for Textaloud aren't freeware, they can be bought here: http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html

The free link you posted is a demo from AT&T. Despite the fact that I can't reach this site since some time, theoretically you could use this demo website for building your voice files. Disclaimer: I don't know what the license of this demo says about using the Voices, so probably you want to check that first.

Alex

yup , thanks .. all files are done

still small problem before publishing ... when i insrert the UniATIS URL and click TEST .. it brings me OMDB ... not [OMDB] as it should be , plus it reads a invaild Transition Level , it should be 150 instead of what it currently reads FL050

My Best Regards,,,

s5_logo.png

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted (edited)

Alex

still small problem before publishing ... when i insrert the UniATIS URL and click TEST .. it brings me OMDB ... not [OMDB] as it should be , plus it reads a invaild Transition Level , it should be 150 instead of what it currently reads FL050

My Best Regards,,,

the ombd instead of [omdb] is linked surely with the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation of the name with the file. be sure that in the .txt you have inserted the file name. otherwise it will read oscar mike delta bravo.

for the transition level it works with the transition altitude.

log into uniatis and change your settings (of course you should have first log in and creat your own list of aeroport.

EDIT: now i checked into uniatis website. Are you sure you are registered to it? otherwise will not work

regards

bye

Edited by Guest

Posted
Posted (edited)

Alex

My Best Regards,,,

the ombd instead of [omdb] is linked surely with the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociation of the name with the file. be sure that in the .txt you have inserted the file name. otherwise it will read oscar mike delta bravo.

for the transition level it works with the transition altitude.

log into uniatis and change your settings (of course you should have first log in and creat your own list of aeroport.

bye

I had inserted the files name in the txt

1234bl2.png

also i emailed the UNIATIS for a login without a respond yet

My Best Regards,,,

Edited by Guest
s5_logo.png

Giovanni Harris 1013393
Posted
Posted

since you have not got an account, you won't be able to use uniatis.

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Or, to add that, you can use UniAtis with the default template. But to adjust the templates for the needs of your Division or Vacc (for example the calculation of the TRL), you have to ask Sami (the UniAtis guy) for a log in and for access to the airports you want to have templates for.

He is a nice guy and usually answers within the next days - so I suggest to have another try.

The UniAtis template system looks a bit weird at the first time, so I strongly recommend reading the forum and the instructions. At the beginning, I thought I would never be able to understand how it works. But if you get used to that stuff, it's pretty easy.

Alex

Posted
Posted

I had emailed him now , waiting for a respond ...

Thanks all for help , will inform you guys if things are end up GREAT as i hope

My Best Regards,,

s5_logo.png

Posted
Posted

I finally got the Voice package to life ...everything is working fine now , thanks guys for your great help

s5_logo.png