You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connecting and Server Issues

Mike De Bruin 1088468

Mike De Bruin 1088468
Posted
Posted

Hello, I am new to Vatsim and VATSAF. I am trying to connect and cannot find any available servers. I am using SB4 and FSX.

Is there a list of available servers I can try and connect to?

Thanks

Didier Quevauvilliers 1075
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike

Welcome to VATSIM/VATSAF

There are 7 IP servers you can connect to:

Europe CW 88.198.64.7

Eurpoe E2 195.78.48.15

Oceania 202.45.127.66

UK1 80.249.98.88

USA-S3 66.221.192.84

USA-SE 216.49.160.26

USA-W 216.93.170.44

Idealy most ATC's in South africa are uner the oceania or UK but it shouldnt matter much.

If you need anything just give me or a shout.

Cheers

Didier

Mike De Bruin 1088468
Posted
Posted

Awesome thanks Didier. I now know where I was going wrong. I thought there was a specific server allocatecd for SA and hence over looked theses. I will try and connect to Oceana or UK. Do you know if there is a way I can see which SA airports currently have available controllers?

Thanks

Mike

Didier Quevauvilliers 1075
Posted
Posted

hello mike,

There are a few tools on the internet which shows what ATC's are online including what aircrafts are connected to VATSIM.

I personally use VATSPY(just google it) or vroute.info is also very good,

unfortunately during the day most people are working but after about 6 there are a few controllers around but on Friday and Saturday night is also busy. We'll also get you to join team speak where we can chat to you. but one of the moderators will have to give you the rights for that, Look for Andre De wal, Also visit www.vatsaf.net

If you need anything just give me a shout or contact the membership managers and moderators at VATSAF who can also help you,they are available on the website or this forum.

Looking forward to speak to you in the skies!

Cheers

Didier