You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Other Aircraft

Thomas Love 1038516

Thomas Love 1038516
Posted
Posted

I have been having trouble being able to see other aircraft as they should look.

Firstly, they taxi about 10 meters above the ground.

And secondly, all of the aircraft are the same (e.g all Cessna 172's)

Please help!

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Lets fix #2 first - it hopefully will also fix #1.

Since you see all aircraft the same (as you) your SB install has become corrupt. Has it always been like this or perhaps you have been manually editing some of its files.

The easiest thing to do is reinstall, taking care to ensure you make the right selection (this computer will run both fs and squawkbox if you are installing on your FS machine).

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Thomas Love 1038516
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help.

i have only used XSquawkbox twice so i would still cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ify myself as a newbie.

i will try reinstalling it!

TOM

Thomas Love 1038516
Posted
Posted

I have reinstalled XSB and it is still the same.

i am still seeing Piper Malibu's taxiing 10 meters above the taxiway.

i know something is wrong because i here things like QANTAS 747's taxiing on the radio.

Does anyone else have a suggestion.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Moved from Squawkbox Forum.

Thomas,

Given that you are not using Squawkbox (for MSFS) the advice I had given probably no longer applies. I'm not that big on XSB, using it only as an end user. Hopefully one of the members here will be in a better position to answer you.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Thomas Love 1038516
Posted
Posted

Thanks

I wad told by a friend who flew from the same airport as me, that from his computer i looked like a paper plane.

This does not sound right either.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Your friend's MSFS Squawkbox wasn't able to depict what you were telling the network.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

The floating thing has to do with the difference of terrain levels in MSFS and X-Plane, which is currently (as I understand) being looked into by Ben. I see the same thing.And only malibu's? I see the right aircraft, just the wrong livery. I'm not sure how to fix that, but you can increase the diverse number of aircraft by a lot if you go to the x-plane org site and download new CSL. I'd also be happy to try it out with you also this weekend.

It's a free account and free to download.

I hope this helps!!

3.png

Without dreams, life ceases to entertain.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

1. Make sure you have "runways follow terrain" turned OFF when flying online.

2. As mentioned, if you don't have a CSL for the airplane installed, XSB will pick one of the others.

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

I didn't even think to turn off runways follow terrain. I heard that it helps, but I could never find it. What menu is it in?

3.png

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Settings->Rendering Options, middle of the screen, towards the right.

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

OKay, thanks!

3.png

Thomas Love 1038516
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all of the help.

i did some research last night, reading through forums, and there seems to be a lot of talk about a CSL file.

i managed to find this file inside the SB folder, which is in the plugins folder of my main x-plane folder.

is it in the right place?

Do i need to activate something so i can see other planes?

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

When I download xsb, I open the folder, xsb_mac_vatsim_102r1. There were two folders: "DOCS" and "for plugins folder".

Open "for plugins folder" and put the XSquawkbox Resources folder and XSquawkbox_VATSIM.xpl in the plugins folder (X-Plane folder->Resources->Plugins)

Whenever you want to add new CSL, there is a folder called "CSL" in the "XSquawkbox Resources" folder where you put the new downloaded CSL in.

3.png

• 4 months later...
Dennis Schmidt 1113037
Posted
Posted

Hello,

i have the same problem: The aircrafts are 10 feet above the taxiway.

But i cant find the option "runways follow terrain".

here a screen: http://s7b.directupload.net/file/d/1825/q5q2jvza_jpg.htm

(if it helps something, i have X-Plane version 8.64)

please help me!

Thanks.

And sorry for my bad english. I am German.

greets

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I haven't used 8.64 but I am going to guess it is the "Allow Sloped Runways". Uncheck that box.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 2 months later...
Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

i know something is wrong because i here things like QANTAS 747's taxiing on the radio.

Nothing is wrong, you still have the ATC radio chatter switched on. Go to the sounds section and uncheck that option, then they'll go away. Those are just a series of wav files which are played at random for ambience.

Also, the reason your friend is seeing YOU as a paper airplane is because you're not specifying a valid ICAO aircraft code properly when you connect to the network. This has nothing to do with the CSL library on your computer. That CSL lib is used by YOUR computer to display OTHER aircraft.