You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Scenery settings - FSX/Vista/DX10

John White 828331

John White 828331
Posted
Posted

I run FSX on a good Vista Ultimate machine with a 9800 GTX card and it runs well but with a FR of around 10-14.....which is OK usually. Now in the Options/Settings/Scenery there is a box titled "Sample DX10" If I tick this box then restart, the frame rate increases but almost every aircraft loses its livery and becomes a bright white ghost like apparition in the spot plave view.

As I have Vista Ult I believe that includes DX10 anyway.....so .....why is that box there and why does it stuff the a/c graphics when activated?

Theres always something isn't there?

Regards, Johnn0

3586.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
IAs I have Vista Ult I believe that includes DX10 anyway.....so .....why is that box there and why does it stuff the a/c graphics when activated?

While Vista includes DX10 capabilities FSX will operate in DX9 mode until you check that box, hence the changes.

You'll find that your aircraft likely has DXT3 textures which are not supported by DX10, hence the white model without textures. You'll want to convert them to 32-bit or download a different, 32-bit, texture set.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

John White 828331
Posted
Posted

Thanks Luke. OK so how do I convert those a/c to 32 bit to allow them to be seen? Love your signature line.

Johnno

3586.png

Carlos Palo 969743
Posted
Posted
Thanks Luke. OK so how do I convert those a/c to 32 bit to allow them to be seen? Love your signature line.

Johnno

DXTBMP --> http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

Carlos Palo

FSX on C2D E8400 [email protected], Asus P5Q Pro, OCZ 2*2048MB (1066Mhz), XFX HD4870 1GB, Antec 300, Scythe Mugen 2, Samsung 24" 1920*1200

my FSX Videos

John White 828331
Posted
Posted

Thanks Carlos....its all a bit technical for me!

3586.png