You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUK Website

Anthony Lawrence

Dominic Lipscombe 1105519
Posted
Posted
vRoute bookings for EGTT/EGPX firs have been enabled. I've been working on the system in order to have 2 way booking (you book in vroute and it displays in the RTS system and vice versa). I can't give a timescale for this, however I'll keep you informed

Thanks,

A...

Couldn't you just create an API with php, and whenever a session is created within vRoute call back with cURL (obviously, would need to get vRoute web admin/whomever does the server-side pieces to add the code to the system) which then does a few mysql real escapes (obviously) and adds the info needed to the db?

PHP/Mysql/C# Developer

Can't see traffic? Click here!

Need Squawkbox? Click here!

Need VatSpy? Click here!

Want to join an epic VA? Click here!

2572.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anthony Lawrence

• Dominic Lipscombe 1105519

• Bill Casey

• Wygene Chong 1089621

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anthony Lawrence

Anthony Lawrence 13 posts

• Dominic Lipscombe 1105519

Dominic Lipscombe 1105519 6 posts

• Bill Casey

Bill Casey 4 posts

• Wygene Chong 1089621

Wygene Chong 1089621 4 posts

Popular Days

• Jun 20 2009

12 posts

• Jun 21 2009

9 posts

• Jul 3 2009

8 posts

• Mar 19 2009

6 posts

Tom Cahill 1078008
Posted
Posted

Couldn't you just create an API with php, and whenever a session is created within vRoute call back with cURL (obviously, would need to get vRoute web admin/whomever does the server-side pieces to add the code to the system) which then does a few mysql real escapes (obviously) and adds the info needed to the db?

I so understood all of that past 'Create'.

Any news on the website ?

8751.png

Posted
Posted

I so understood all of that past 'Create'.

haha

you need to be >> Low || high << this awesome to understand it

PHP/Mysql/C# Developer

Need VatSpy? Click here!

2572.png

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
vRoute bookings for EGTT/EGPX firs have been enabled. I've been working on the system in order to have 2 way booking (you book in vroute and it displays in the RTS system and vice versa). I can't give a timescale for this, however I'll keep you informed

Thanks,

A...

Hi Dom,

This isn't something Michal is able to do at present, if everyone requested that for every division his system would have so many variables. I've got a method sorted, but without a stable website, it's very hard to enable it's working.

No news as of yet folks.

Thanks,

A...

Nik Walker 956348
Posted
Posted

Server is sporadic and slow when it actually grants access...but now even that is difficult....

Seems any of the old links to gain access to any part of the original forum is guarded by an implacable and unmoving request from Vatsim .org

A username and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word are being requested by http://www.vatsim-uk.org. The site says: "SECRET"

Old p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words do not impress and to be quite honest I am not exactly sure which one it needs...username is straightforward but p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to the whole site is something else...no clue I am afraid...when a fail is entered a new notice appears...

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the docomeent requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocomeent to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at www.vatsim-uk.org Port 80

If this is just symptoms of the ongoing attempt to resurrect the site...fair enough...but it looks kindda fatale to me!

Anyone any ideas?

Owain Williams 1050510
Posted
Posted

I also am not able to get onto the website (http://www.vatsim-uk.org/). I have tried using both Firefox and Internet Explorer in case it is a browser compatibility problem, but alas not.

No username and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word combination seems to be working and I am rudely advised after entering any combination I can think of that Authorisation is Required.

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

I too am experiencing the same problem: requiring authorisation. Perhaps it is a fault of the website's server as they are working on it (or moving it). I don't think Anthony set up a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word access to the site.

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

George Complin
Posted
Posted

Someone is doing work on the website or server and have blocked access to the site to make work easier and quicker.

I suggest be patient and sit it out, I'm sure we will be informed whats happening in due course.

Regards,

George

Tyrone Westall 1057582
Posted
Posted

Yup that p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word has been set by the server admin through the web server control panel, means nobody except the server admin has access im sure it'll be back up soon lets wait and see what happens eh

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

Old p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words do not impress and to be quite honest I am not exactly sure which one it needs...username is straightforward but p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to the whole site is something else...no clue I am afraid...when a fail is entered a new notice appears...

I often p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word protect the entire website or certain systems when crucial maintainance is being carried out. This is to ensure that nobody uses the system in this time.

I'm doing my best to get it back up asap!

I suggest be patient and sit it out, I'm sure we will be informed whats happening in due course.

Of course - I do my best to keep y'all informed unless I'm aiming to suprise (A).

Thanks,

Anthony

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

No probs there Ant, I know you're working hard on the ba****d thing! But could you possibly loose the "z" out of "authorisation required"? Makes me feel ill

Bill Casey

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
No probs there Ant, I know you're working hard on the ba****d thing! But could you possibly loose the "z" out of "authorisation required"? Makes me feel ill

Edit (again), it didn't like the change. I'll leave it at authorized to avoid breaking it again!

Posted
Posted
Yup that p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word has been set by the server admin through the web server control panel, means nobody except the server admin has access im sure it'll be back up soon lets wait and see what happens eh

wrong

Is done via .htaccess

PHP/Mysql/C# Developer

Need VatSpy? Click here!

2572.png

Callum Riseley 1058796
Posted
Posted

wrong

Is done via .htaccess

Alrite Mr know it all, i'm sure Anthony is perfectly capable.

Vatsim Germany | S2 | Düsseldorf RG | Köln

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted (edited)

Deleted - question no longer required, we're back

Edited by Guest

Bill Casey

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

wrong

Is done via .htaccess

Which can be initiated via the admin panel.

C'mon Ant - give us an ickle clue as to whether this is major long term outtage (i.e. weeks) or just a glitch? With some events coming up it'd be useful to have some idea, if pos.

Regs,

A...

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

Some good news! For those of you that don't know, VATSIM-UK web services are back.

We've separated out all of our systems onto different servers so that we have overall system redundancy.

To give you a brief outline:

Server 1 - main website:

vatsim-uk.org (the main VATSIM-UK website).

Server 2 - regional systems:

rts.vatsim-uk.org (RTS System)

pm.vatsim-uk.org (PM System)

ctp.vatsim-uk.org (CTP system)

realops.vatsim-uk.org (Realops system)

bugs.vatsim-uk.org (Bug Tracking system)

Server 3 - community:

community.vatsim-uk.org (Community forums)

forums.vatsim-uk.org (alias of the above)

forum.vatsim-uk.org (alias of the above)

Unfortunately, the data centre recently had a slight issue with the dedicated IPs for these services and as such they're currently "in limbo". All regional systems are unaffected. The website is still live, however has a new IP (since it's been moved onto a separate server to finalise the structure of our systems) therefore it can take some time for the new IP to propogate through all the of the relevant servers - however the website is functioning as expected and you probably wont notice any chance when the IP changes for you.

The forums are temporarily unavailable as they also were [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a new ip (there is nothing I could've done about this) these will be backup asap. Again it depends on how long it'll take for the IP to propogate through the servers to you.

Please ensure you bookmark the relevant links above since with our new setup the website being down does not automatically mean that any of the other areas are doen - to achieve that, the data centre would need to be vaporised!

Any questions/concerns, webmaster [at] vatsim-uk.co.uk

I hope that once the IPs have finished propogating through the servers, we'll experience no more server outages or downtime.

Thank you for your patience,

Anthony

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted

Forums are now online - you should be able to access these. If you are unable to, please wait a few hours for your DNS cache to update.

Many thanks,

A...

• 10 months later...
Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
sorry for old thread coming back up,

But been trying to access the forum all night and im keep getting

[#1000] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

Much appreicated

Tim

Tim, drop me an email: webmaster][at][vatsim-uk.co.uk.

Regards,

A...