You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS and G2G Communications; Port Forwarding??

Toby Jonothan Bennett 9941

Posted
Posted

Ok, well I have managed to log on and start controlling now using Euroscope, but the voice ATIS, and ground to ground communication is failing to work. Before making any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umptions, I have been through every tutorial to get this started, and I've sought the advice of many a person. However, nobody is able to hear my ATIS, and the g2g communication has not yet worked.

I have tried this on 3 different computers, and even with another persons settings. The fact that it doesn't work on any computer on my network leads me to believe it is a problem with the router. None of the firewall is enabled, but are there any ports which I could open or forward? If so, does anybody know which ones?

Thanks

Toby

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

6809 TCP Aircraft position updates and general network data Outgoing - generally no forwarding needed.

3782 TCP+UDP Voice communications Outgoing - generally no forwarding needed.

3290 UDP Voice communications MUST be forwarded through your router!

also see this topic http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=36707&sid=e647b768f2548e3699fa45a712fce462

Posted
Posted

Thanks

I'll give it a shot, hopefully will get things working!

• 1 year later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It looks like Todor pasted the forwarding info from VRC's docomeentation. VRC does use 3290, but it looks like ES uses 3291 for ground-to-ground.

Regarding Toby's issue, what I find strange is that voice ATIS doesn't work. There should be no forwarding needed for voice ATIS since it should use the same architecture as other air-to-ground voice connections, which I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming work fine for Toby since he didn't say they don't work.

Maybe ES handles voice ATIS differently than other A-G connections?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I do not see why I use different port for G2G, but it should no cause problem as the port itself is propagated to the other party as well.

And no. Voice ATIS is no different in any aspect from A2G communication.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

So Gergely ES users should forward port 3290 or 3291 to the PC in use ?

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Treat the atis failure as a separate issue. Try following Dave Saunders' guide here and make sure everything is in place.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK