You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Squawkbox under FS2004

Frenk Lee 888090

Frenk Lee 888090
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have a problem with squawkbox under FS2004, for example, Airport YSSY has 5 aircrafts(including my one), but the FS2004 does not show any aircraft at all, other aircraft can see my plane.

I did use SBRelay and SB, and I can receive messages which can only show in SB not the FS2004. Could anyone please tell me what's the problem?

Thanks,

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Hi Frank,

The most common problem I can think of is that you don't have the CSL aircraft installed http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/seang1/csl/ . Simply install this into your aircraft file for flight simulator. If you have done that try setting your squawkbox setting to 40NM as that may fix your problem as well. Good Luck!

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello,

this problem has NOTHING to do with any model sets installed. Regardless of the model set you should see another player, if everything else is OK (which is obviously not ).

In case you don´t see other other players this may have two causes:

1) Your position data isn´t transmitted correctly by Squawkbox. This usually comes from Squawkbox not been registered as an application with FSUIPC. You can check this via Servinfo. It lists your aircraft as being located in DGAA FIR (west of Africa).

2) Either Squawkbox or your Flight Simulator isn´t connected to the multiplayer host. With FS2004, SB Relay creates the multiplayer host, and both Squawkbox and FS2004 need to connect to it as clients. Squawkbox populates the session with other players, and FS2004 takes them and displays them. So if either of the two are missing you won´t see other planes.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

If other airplane can se you, I can not think it's Squawkbox, it must then at least send correct position. Check your actual position at Vatsim Visual Display.

Check the muliplayer range in Squawkbox option (Off, 5nm, 10mn etc).

> Squawkbox not been registered as an application with FSUIPC

This could however also be the problem if FSUIPC not send back other plane position to your FS, but I never heard just this problem.

CSL aircraft not installed I think is not the issue as Martin Georg say.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted
If other airplane can se you, I can not think it's Squawkbox, it must then at least send correct position.

Argh, you´re right! I overlooked that detail. So you should just check if your Flight Simulator is connected to the SB Relay session. You can check this by looking on the SB Relay status screen. You should see a message that your FS2004´s players name has been added to the session.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Frenk Lee 888090
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I have tried your suggestions, unfortunately, it still does not work, When I connected with SB, the chat box in FS2004 does not show any message to notify about connection.

example

[PRIVATE]:.........

P.S ServInfo shows my position correct.

Thanks,

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

I think it can be a port in your firewall that is not open. Thats why SB send, but your computer not accept received data.

Mayby TCP it open but not UDP.

Here is all information I have about ports:

I can't say for sure what port need to open, but following is as I use, and it works for me.

In summary all opened ports for Squawkbox, SBRelay and AVC, I myself have open:

TCP and UDP, 6809.

TCP and UDP, 6703.

UDP, 1900.

UDP, 6073.

UDP, 23456.

UDP, 3290.

UDP, 3782.

I have read existing docomeents as following:

"

Vatsim doc say:

6809 - for Squawkbox TCP/UDP

6703 for SBRelay (if Used) TCP/UDP

1900/6073/23456 for Direct Play UDP

In addition the AVC support write about:

UDP port 3290 and 3782.

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.html

If you have a router or firewall, try forwarding the following ports to your PC's internal IP address (see above for help locating your PC's internal IP, see your router or firewall's manual for help with forwarding ports):

* TCP 47624

* UDP 2300 to 2400

* UDP 6073

"

In Addition to this chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay, I recommend not to set DMZ (DeMillitaryZone), how I understand, it open all ports for one computer in a router.

Second, do you se airplanes at all when off-line with 100% traffic selected.

Frenk Lee 888090
Posted
Posted
I think it can be a port in your firewall that is not open. Thats why SB send, but your computer not accept received data.

Mayby TCP it open but not UDP.

Here is all information I have about ports:

I can't say for sure what port need to open, but following is as I use, and it works for me.

In summary all opened ports for Squawkbox, SBRelay and AVC, I myself have open:

TCP and UDP, 6809.

TCP and UDP, 6703.

UDP, 1900.

UDP, 6073.

UDP, 23456.

UDP, 3290.

UDP, 3782.

I have read existing docomeents as following:

"

Vatsim doc say:

6809 - for Squawkbox TCP/UDP

6703 for SBRelay (if Used) TCP/UDP

1900/6073/23456 for Direct Play UDP

In addition the AVC support write about:

UDP port 3290 and 3782.

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/help.html

If you have a router or firewall, try forwarding the following ports to your PC's internal IP address (see above for help locating your PC's internal IP, see your router or firewall's manual for help with forwarding ports):

* TCP 47624

* UDP 2300 to 2400

* UDP 6073

"

In Addition to this chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay, I recommend not to set DMZ (DeMillitaryZone), how I understand, it open all ports for one computer in a router.

Second, do you se airplanes at all when off-line with 100% traffic selected.

Hi,

I found the reason why the SB does not show on FS2004. in order to search the SBRelay in the multiplayer section, I need to unplug the Internet Cable(Offline mode), then type 127.0.0.1 to search the SBRelay, after the SBRelay is shown, click join then plug the cable back.

And I found that, If I don't use Router, it works find, could anyone please teach me how to change the setting.

Thanks,

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

Do you mean all works fine when connect without any firewall, without router (However that's a bit danger to get virus) ?

Is your probelm to configure/setup the router for Vastim, what router do you have ?