You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Please help me!!

Trevor Dyer 1098221

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

I am a newbie to gaming in the flight sim world, i have x-plane 8.64 for my mac book pro. I have signed up to be a member of vatsim and i have also downloaded squawkbox. i have placed everything in the plugin file under xplane. when i start the game and go to pluggin addim, its says i have no plugins installed? help!!

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Hi Trevor,

I have moved your post to the XSB forum (the squawkbox forum is for MSFS).

Hopefully one of the die hard x-plane users should be able to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist. From memory (albeit the x86 platform) what you have done sounds correct.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Justin Bumgardner 1098382
Posted
Posted
I am a newbie to gaming in the flight sim world, i have x-plane 8.64 for my mac book pro. I have signed up to be a member of vatsim and i have also downloaded squawkbox. i have placed everything in the plugin file under xplane. when i start the game and go to pluggin addim, its says i have no plugins installed? help!!

Hey Trevor

Unzip the file, unstuff it. Leave the docs folder where it lies. You only need the squawkbox resources folder and the vatsim.xpl file. hopefully this is step be step.

Go to Finder

applicatiions( or wherever your x-plane folder is)

open x-plane folder

then Resources

then plugins

and then drop the squawkbox folder and the vatsim.xpl file in the main plugin folder you just opened up.

DON"T PUT THEM IN THE PLUGINADMIN folder.

then start x=plane up again and hopefully wha lah

I'm running x-plane 9.22 so I don't think it is different, but it possibly could.

If you figure out how to connect to the server. Message me or send an email. Thanks ( hope this helps)

JB

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

Still nothing? I did what you said! I left the doc file alone and just put the xsquawkbox and vatsim file in the plug in file. then fired the game up and still nothing?

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Trevor,

Did you look in your plugins menu inside of X-plane for the XSquawkBox menu?

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

plugin menu? where is that? how do i get there? when i start up xplane i go to the menu bar up to, on the far right i click on addim plugins, i have three choices, hotkey, enable/disable and pluggin. if i click on any of those it says that i have no plugins installed??

Jeremy Castellanos 1007109
Posted
Posted

If you did what Justin said then you should have no issue. Both v8 and v9 have the same folder setup for the plugins. So it's something like this drive:\XPlane 8 or 9\Resources\Plugins. You drop the Squawkbox CSL folder and the plugin in there. The plugin in must be in the plugins folder and not the squawkbox folder. In Xplane you should see the option in the plugins menu on the menu bar. Really there is no other way to explain it. If it is done the way it was explain then it should work. Make sure you have the most recent version of XB.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Trevor,

Did you download from here:

http://xsquawkbox.net/xsb/download.php

You should be downloading the:

XSquawkBox for VATSIM 1.0.2 for Macintosh

As others have said, the XSquawkBox_VATSIM.xpl and XSquawkBox Resources should go into the X-plane/Resources/plugins folder.

Once that's done, the XSquawkBox menu will show up in the Plugins menu of X-plane.

If that doesn't work, post a screenshot of your plugins directory and the log.txt file from your X-Plane folder.

Justin Bumgardner 1098382
Posted
Posted
plugin menu? where is that? how do i get there? when i start up xplane i go to the menu bar up to, on the far right i click on addim plugins, i have three choices, hotkey, enable/disable and pluggin. if i click on any of those it says that i have no plugins installed??

The only thing that i can think of is that the plugin is not enabled. You can try enabling from that same menu. you talked about.

When I move the cursor over the box and click it squawkbox automatically comes up.

Let me know

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

still nothing!!!! I even deleted all the files and downloaded them again, followed the insrtuctions that you guys have posted.....and still nothing ! I think something may just be wrong with this particular game that i have purchased.? i wonder because the cock pits are not even full srcreen, the scenery is, but the cock pit sits in the middle of the screen and does not exceed the screen on either side.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

That's normal if your screen size exceeds the size of the cockpit art.

As previously stated, post a screenshot of your Resources/plugins directory and the output of the log.txt file from your X-plane directory.

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

if only i knew how to post a screen shot i would!!!!! how do i do that!?!?

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

/Users/Trevor/Desktop/Picture 1.png

not sure if this worked or not

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted
Picture%201.png

Tanner Litowsky 877756
Posted
Posted

You have to host your screen shots on an actual website. Try http://imageshack.us/

And about the cockpits, if you have the game resolution set higher then 1280 most of the cockpits do not go higher then that and will be placed in the middle of you screen allowing you to see terrain etc. on the sides.

N029TY

ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe | Phenom 2.3 Quadcore | 4G OCZ Reaper 1066 | 3870X2 (2) Crossfire | 1000W OCZ Power Supply

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Trevor, if you're unable to post a screenshot of your directory, just type a COMPLETE list of the filenames that live in the plugins folder. That should be enough to help you get started.

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

i gave up on xplane 8.6 so i bit the bullet and am installing xplane 9 as we speak....I will then try and download xsquakbox and try it, if still nothing then i will write down the folder contents for ya!

thank you very much for all the help, its much appreciated.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Trevor,

I can almost [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you that the result will be the same. The method for installing plugins between 8.6 and 9.2 has not changed. Not to worry, we'll be here when you're ready to post the list

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

your right!!! I still have the same problem....help! Here is a list of my folders.

applications/xplane 9/resources/plugins

filies that are in there are

DataRefs.txt

pluginAdmin

XPLM. Framework

XPLM.shlb

XPWidgets. framework

XPwidgets.shlb

Xsb_Mac_Vatsim_102rl

I hope this helps.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Trevor,

The last file you listed is the ZIP file. It's the package you downloaded from xsquawkbox.net. Get that file out of there and place it on your desktop (or some other folder outside of xplane).

Then, UNZIP the file. This will create a 'for plugins folder" and a Docs folder. Take the contents of the 'for plugins folder' and move them to....*drum roll*, the Xplane plugins folder.

Trevor Dyer 1098221
Posted
Posted

it worked!!! thank you to everyone that has guided me through these past few days!!

one more question!!!

how do i find the server # or choose a server to dial into the squackbox menue?