You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Crossing the Namib event

Adrian Badenhorst 1020256

Adrian Badenhorst 1020256
Posted
Posted

vatsasfcafcopy.jpg

w300.png

For the first time ever, VATCAF and VATSAF will be doing an event together. The featured airports that will be covered are Cape Town (FACT), Johannesburg (FAJS), Kinshasa (FZAA) and Lubumbashi (FZQA). There will also be full coverage of both Divisions by AFRC_FSS and AFRS_FSS above FL130. This means that if you depart and arrive at any of these featured airports you will get the full excellent ATC services that Africa has to offer you.

During this 6 hour event there is the opportunity to do a longer flight such as FZAA to/from FAJS and FACT which is about 4 hours long each or you can do a couple of shorter hops between the following city pairs:

FACT-FAJS, FZAA-FZQA or FAJS-FZQA each about 2.5 hours.

We hope to see everyone there for this exciting event!

Visit this page for scenery and chart links

BRZ102.pngsignaturebrz2hr3.jpg

5967.png

Robin van den Honert 10373
Posted
Posted

Hoping for a full sky!

• 2 weeks later...
Christian Mohr 896538
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot for the great service.

I flew from Cape Town to Kinshasa and had quite a nice and fun flight. I had to master the challenge of a go around being on finals for Kinshasa, but the ATC service was great, so I got vectored for a pattern around the airport. This time the runway wasn't occupied so the chances for a landing were quite good .

I have to fly to Africa more often from now on.

One screenshot of a fellow pilot I have p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed somewhere over Angola being under the eye of Central African Flight Service!

leo2209.jpg

Christian

signaturetl.gif

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Great shot, Christian, and thank you very much for your kind words.

We are looking forward to see you more often in Africa. Concerning Central Africa, best day to get a good ATC coverage is sunday between 19 and 22 UTC - but of course we also try to be online as much as possible on other days.

Kind regards

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395