You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Oh NYARTCC!

Robbie Garrett

Robbie Garrett
Posted
Posted

30uv42w.png

You put on a good show there, whens the next event

Hehe! It would be amazing for something like this on vatsim for sure.

You know I love you guys, and flying to JFK! and NYC!

Regards,

R..

Regards,

Robbie

Qualified Private Pilot with @ London Biggin Hill Airport!

websignature3.jpg

Visit our Concorde Legacy website, or our Facebook Page

John Cierpial 1008209
Posted
Posted

Robbie, you need to stop by during our real ops events like the Nor'Easter or even CTP! Our scopes have twice that traffic on it. Glad to see you enjoyed the event and hope you come back soon

CTP Planning Team Member

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

When was this. I missed out.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

thats real world traffic from p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ur

Alex Evins 976213
Posted
Posted

As Joe said, we near real world saturation levels during certain events. Come by and check us out!

Alex Evins

Senior Controller, New York ARTCC

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

While I understand the spirit of the original poster's message, I think what you're after is a strong event, with solid staffing, and decent traffic density in the air and on the radio. It doesn't take THAT many planes for everyone to have a good time. Real world NY traffic levels would require real world staffing and skills, both of which are hard to come by.

If you overcook it, the results are not fun for anyone.

Brendan Samson 1070087
Posted
Posted
As Joe said, we near real world saturation levels during certain events. Come by and check us out!

I don't know about that.

8629.png

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

I don't know about that.

I can't speak for ZNY, but at our last San Diego event, I believe ZLA exceeded the ops/hour stated on flightaware.

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

I don't know about that.

I can't speak for ZNY, but at our last San Diego event, I believe ZLA exceeded the ops/hour stated on flightaware.

ZLA regularly exceeds the real world arrival rates during our events; I don't doubt the same happens at ZNY. You have to remember that you're cramming a huge amount of aircraft into an airport in a relatively short period of time.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I don't know about that.

ZLA regularly exceeds the real world arrival rates during our events; I don't doubt the same happens at ZNY. You have to remember that you're cramming a huge amount of aircraft into an airport in a relatively short period of time.

Doesnt help that the NYC area slaughters my FPS. Aerosoft Manhattan,Imaginesim LGA and EWR, and of course FSDT JFK. A little payware drags it down too.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

John Cierpial 1008209
Posted
Posted

Yes. Like my ZLA buddies have said, we exceed expectations quite often. Brendan, I'm sure you've seen it as well and just not realized it while flying in ZNY's airspace during a large event. It could be due to you flying out of satellite airports as you commonly do and having your multiplayer range turned down, but the numbers don't lie. Thank you everyone for your kind replies.

CTP Planning Team Member

Brendan Samson 1070087
Posted
Posted
Yes. Like my ZLA buddies have said, we exceed expectations quite often. Brendan, I'm sure you've seen it as well and just not realized it while flying in ZNY's airspace during a large event. It could be due to you flying out of satellite airports as you commonly do and having your multiplayer range turned down, but the numbers don't lie. Thank you everyone for your kind replies.

Each ARTCC has its own challenge, in ZNY you have 3 cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] B airports right next to each other, in Washington you have the ADIZ, if Washington had real world traffic levels it would be CRAZY, but in ZNY even if you did have real world traffic levels at one airport, it would still be unrealistic because ([Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming LGA is having an event) TRACON could vector LGA arrivals and departures where it would be impossible if JFK or EWR had real world levels.

8629.png

Yusuf Pulatov 1054147
Posted
Posted

I bet no ARTCC has more ops than KATL in RW, i wish vatsim has been more like KATL in RW

[img]http://online.vatsimindicators.net/1054147/4730.png[/img]

Brendan Samson 1070087
Posted
Posted
I bet no ARTCC has more ops than KATL in RW, i wish vatsim has been more like KATL in RW

Ya, KATL, KORD, KLAX, KDFW, KDEN....... are the busiest real world airports.

8629.png