You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC sound in headset only

Larry Dowell 944865

Larry Dowell 944865
Posted
Posted (edited)

I already did a search and found nothing, and I've seen instructions for this in the past.

I just received a USB converter for my headset, but all sounds come through the headset. Could someone please direct me to the link that explains how to have ATC in headset and simulator sounds in speakers. I have a sound card as well as an onboard, and now a USB, which will take care of a lot of h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le. Or I need a step by step from someone.

Thankyou

Edited by Guest

Larry, KSEA

AKA, Edge

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

FS sound use Windows default sound. If you just install a new device, it may be default sound.

Windows XP: Go ControlPanel > Sounds > Audio ans Sounds devices > Audio / Sounds > default devices.

For VATSIM client (SB/FSInn) you can select device from a list.

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Larry Dowell 944865
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply, but I need more specific information. All sounds are coming through my headset now.

I used the SB options as well as Sounds and Audio in the Control Panel. I'm sure it's not that hard, but I need a step by step instructions.

Thanks

Larry, KSEA

AKA, Edge

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

SB is already OK. FS you want to computer head-speakers right.

For Windows XP (Vista may have different menues):

Yes, Sounds and Audio in the Control Panel "Audio" you should see "Sound playback" and "Default device"-list. Then you must change the device in the list . Is should be at least two devices in the list (one for computer audio card i.e. head-speakers, and one for headset). You should change to the head-speakers. Then FS sound should come from head-speakers (i.e. the Windows default device).

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png