You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trouble Receiving Voice

Ryan Donahue 1089128

Ryan Donahue 1089128
Posted
Posted

Apparently when people try to contact me it doesnt get through to me at first. I have to talk to them before they can talk and get through the channel any ideas?

Best Regards,

Ryan Donahue

Owner/Founder of airAtlantic

NYARTCC-EWR Tower

pr-2.jpg

9857.png

Graeme Herbert 1013547
Posted
Posted

Hi Ryan,

For a while I had been having the same problem.

But well tooling around with some of the settings it stopped happening.

I'm still not exactly sure what I must have done but maybe try fiddeling around with it.

Best Luck.

Regards M8,

Graeme Herbert

Chief Executive Officer

Jet Canada Airwaysl

"On your journey through life, make sure your biography has one extraordinary chapter"

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Ryan,

You're describing a UDP timeout perfectly.

What's your setup? Are you running VRC through VMWare? Or running on a PC and using a router?

• 1 year later...
Colin Levy 976130
Posted
Posted

I am having this problem now. I am running VRC on the mac through Windows 7 on Parallels. Anyone know a fix

976130.png

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
I am having this problem now. I am running VRC on the mac through Windows 7 on Parallels. Anyone know a fix

For me (VRC on XP on Parallels), the solution was to run the VM in bridged mode, and forward 3290 UDP to my VM from my NAT router. Alternatively, if you're running the VM under Parallels' NAT in addition to the NAT from your edge router, add the port forward to both places. Every time you add a NAT router, incoming traffic (without a previous outbound connection to establish a channel) needs a forward through the router so that it knows where to send the spontaneously arriving traffic.

VMware's solution is to muck with timeout settings that get clobbered on upgrades, but with Parallels, the above has worked reliably for me for many months now, and I used to have the problem all the time prior to my simple port forward.

HTH

8942.png