You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

atpexperience

Aaron Crawley 935316

Aaron Crawley 935316
Posted
Posted

Are these guys still around?? I haven't seen anything on their website since around sept of 2008 nor any operations

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

They are rebuilding right now.

Kyle Ramsey

Dave Paige 925700
Posted
Posted

I can confirm Kyle's post. The website crashed and it's being rebuilt along with the rest of the ATPx operations. The e-mails addresses are still working. We're working hard on it, please stay tuned.

ATP Experience

Chief Pilot

[email protected]

Dave Paige

PPL, ASEL, Instrument

925700.png

• 1 month later...
Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

hey aaron! How's it goin?

Just FYI, we never closed. I just decided I would rather have the website 100% complete and everything in place before continuing so that the staff can enjoy the VA too.

There are a few surprises we are working on for our launch which should be late summer/early fall. We have some really cool new toys and some more innovative ideas. Trust me you'll love it.

Any ATPx members who need to contact me can still use my previous email.

Regards,

JX

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Out of curiosity, what exactly is ATP experience? Yes I'm aware what ATP means, but what is this all about. Is it like a normal VA or something?

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

It's a simulation of AirTran, although they can't use AirTran's name on the website. It's actually a pretty neat operation. I remember the big deal when they launched was that on certain nights you were able to get a real-time dispatcher give you a dispatch release including a pushback and startup time via Teamspeak.

• 1 month later...
Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
It's a simulation of AirTran, although they can't use AirTran's name on the website.

Incorrect. It is not a sim of Airtran, although we chose Airtran's colors and callsign, nor are we "not allowed" to use Airtran's name on the site. We have already discussed all this with Airtran's legal department and I can use whatever I want that they don't own a copyright to (any file copied directly from their website.) We chose them because we felt like it.

The ATP Experience is just what the name says...the only place on VATSIM to experience and learn what it's like being a pilot for a commercial airline...

JX

Regards,

JX

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Sorry, Joe. I actually didn't know that.

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Incorrect...

Welcome back, Joe...

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted
The ATP Experience is just what the name says...the only place on VATSIM to experience and learn what it's like being a pilot for a commercial airline...

JX

So you're simulating bad QOL and low pay?

Michael Hess 1046854
Posted
Posted

JX

-Cheers!

Michael Hess

ZMP Webmaster

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

I'm getting a DNS failure. Hopefully ATPx will be back with us soon; it's a needed part of our ecosystem.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• 4 weeks later...
Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
I'm getting a DNS failure. Hopefully ATPx will be back with us soon; it's a needed part of our ecosystem.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke,

Thanks for the kind words. I have someone working on the new site as we speak. We're aiming for a fall launch.

Regards,

JX

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Exactly! Except you're forgetting: unforseen delays, Part 121 Operating rules, and you don't get to choose what or where you fly. You can bid on a schedule tho. =)

Changes to look forward to include regional code share routes and new equipment types...and of course the promise that anything over 18 pilots will simulate real traffic levels at our hubs during ANY regular night on VATSIM.

Regards,

JX

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Incorrect...

Welcome back, Joe...

Justin,

When you're old enough to stay up past 10pm you can quote me.

P.S. I was gone for 15 days...c'mon now!

Regards,

JX

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted
Sorry, Joe. I actually didn't know that.

No problem Harold! I'm glad you asked because it gave me the opportunity to explain. Alot of people have those misconceptions!

Regards,

JX