You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice Atis Metar decode problem

Chris Makris

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Since day one I have created my own voice set (which is used in Hvacc) for the voice metar. This voice set is based on the wavs that come with the programm plus some addition at the airport names.

Today I come across the following problem. The current LGAV metar is

LGAV 081350Z 34003KT 9999 FEW018TCU BKN025 BKN080 11/08 Q1004 WS 03L RMK WS LDG RWY03L

Using the decoder of the Vacchun

http://vacchun.hu/td/esmetar.php?tlcond=100,1013,105&metar=$metar($atisairport)&arr=$arrrwy($atisairport)&dep=$deprwy($atisairport)&app=ILS&par=1&info=$atiscode&lvp=2

I am getting teh following output

[LGAVinfo]Y[observation at]1350[iLS][03R][departure rwy][03L][attention][ws][transition level]105[wind]340[degrees]3[knots][visibility][more than 10 kms][RWY03L][clouds][FEW]{1800}[feet][TCU][bKN]{2500}[feet][bKN]{8000}[feet][temperature]11[dewpoint]8[degrees C][QNH]1004[hpa][firstcontact]Y

The problem on the above is the bolt entry. Why is there? Since I have not recorder such a wav the voice ATIS is failing. Did it read the Remark or something else?? Any Ideas?

Danny Burtch 816098
Posted
Posted

The bold entry is included in the METAR just before the RMKs section so it gets included in the voice ATIS (although in a different spot). Not being familiar with European METARs I'm not sure why it's included. You can just delete the [RWY03L] entry in the decoded ATIS and things should work.

Danny Burtch

CZYZ Senior Student

2635.png

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Danny,

Deleting is one way to do it, but this deactivates the automatic Atis creation after each change. I had LGAV with windshear before and it was working correclty. Propably a wrong coding of the reported metar...

Danny Burtch 816098
Posted
Posted

Is that extra piece of the ATIS always in there or was it just a one time occurrence? To me it looks like a mistake in the METAR itself (they have WS 03L before and after the Remarks section).

Danny Burtch

CZYZ Senior Student

2635.png

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Few hours later the METAR was like this

LGAV 081350Z 34003KT 9999 FEW018TCU BKN025 BKN080 11/08 Q1004 WS 03L

Which was recognised correctly from the ATIS on the ES and the voice ATIS was played correctly. Is there a possibility the section after the remarks not to be read by the interpretor?

Attila Abraham 818560
Posted
Posted

Hi Chris!

I think I've corrected the problem, and a new voice file has also been added: "ws at rwy.wav"

The whole voice set can be downloaded from here: http://vacchun.hu/td/downloads/ATIS.zip

If you still experiencing this, or any other problem, please advise!

Cheers,

Attila

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Thx Attila...

I would give it a try and will report back if any probelms are found.

One other think that was reported by another user (although I believe this was a METAR error) was when clouds are reported at 999. Yesterday it was reported SCT999 which translates to 99900 feet, ofcourse this wav does not exist and I beleive does not have to since this is something not correct