You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Im searching for a sector map of Germany

Yarden Antebi 933853

Yarden Antebi 933853
Posted
Posted

Anyone know where I can find a map with sectors and frequencies of the real world German FIR's?

933853.png

Alexander Klink 844035
Posted
Posted

Hi Yarden,

I found this docomeant on the frequencys and sector names on the eurocontrol page (http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/publicuser/public/pu/login.jsp): ED_ENR_3_7_en.pdf

And there are maps for German stations on this website, I think this is very complete: http://www.aviascan.de/en/gr_sectors.htm

Germany Radar is developed in cooperation with DFS so the sectors should be real.

I hope this helps!

atc1o.png

Yarden Antebi 933853
Posted
Posted

Can you upload that first PDF?

The Eurocontrol site requires registration and a phone number which I dont want to give (or is it ok to fill VATSIM at the organization and just numbers on the phone number?)

933853.png

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Eurocontrol isn't directly affiliated with VATSIM at all. It's just an organization that has an online library of charts, which can be used, among other people, by VATSIM pilots when they fly.

You can read their Privacy Policy (guaranteeing the data you provide upon registration is kept confidential), which might help you make a decision whether to register or not. I have to admit, though - it's a great place for finding free, high quality, up-to-date charts of European airports and FIRs

Yarden Antebi 933853
Posted
Posted

I know what Eurocontrol is, but nontheless im not giving my phone number...

933853.png

Yarden Antebi 933853
Posted
Posted

Seriously? is it THAT weird that I dont want to give my number online?

A bit of privacy wont kill ya.

933853.png

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Use a pseudonym or fill in random stuff.

Alexander Klink 844035
Posted
Posted

Yarden, just send me a PM with your Email-address and I will send you the docomeent.

atc1o.png

• 4 months later...
David Baker 1004102
Posted
Posted

Wow. That's a lot of centers!

Germany is only 1/3 again as big as Colorado (a U.S. state). Pilots must be switching frequencies every 2 minutes.

ZMP_BD

MITRE OP1 survivor

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
Wow. That's a lot of centers!

Germany is only 1/3 again as big as Colorado (a U.S. state). Pilots must be switching frequencies every 2 minutes.

LOL David, not... exactly

Colorado: 269.601 km²

Germany: 357.104 km²

EDIT: 1 square mile = 2.59 km², what I found so far.

And if you take a closer look, it is not that much anyway. 86 ACC Sectors, 30 Arrival / Departure Sectors and 9 Flight Information Service Sectors (I left the military sectors out).

Additionally, especially München UAC, Rhein Radar and Maastricht Radar have many vertically split sectors, so you won't change that often (It's all the sectors with the same Name, just another suffix (Rhein: LE / HE / TE / ME, Maastricht: / High, München f.e. ALPU and ALPT)).

How much Sectors does Colorado have?

EDIT2: Maybe I got you wrong... again as big = 1/3 larger? Newexpression to me

Anyway, not as much sectors (laterally) as it seems