You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Graphics

Mateusz Smolinski 1075726

Posted
Posted

Hi

Wheni set my weather on high quality then the computer start lagging can yno one tell me why my computer is:

3.12GB Ram

512 Radeon HD2400

Service POack 3

CPU 2.66GHZ 2.66GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo

Windows XP Home Edition

Thnaks Matt

Student One Controller.

"Aviator |Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es " are the best ......

"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will long to return.” –Leonardo da Vinci

Michael Hess 1046854
Posted
Posted

Because your computer can't handle high graphics

FSX (Which I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume is what you're talking about) is an evil monster that feeds on poor little framerates for dinner.

-Cheers!

Michael Hess

ZMP Webmaster

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

But what we don't know is what version of MSFS Mateusz is using, if MSFS at all.

We're going to need to know a bit more about what you're using, Mateusz. Are you using FS9? FSX? X-Plane?

Your machine is a bit faster than mine, but I'm able to pull smooth graphics out (locked at 60FPS). My setup:

2GB Ram

512MB eVGA 8800GT

Windows XP Professional, SP2

AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+

I agree though, FSX is a hog, and requires some tweaking (read: just because you have a powerful box, you can't max every slider to the right). But we'd need to know a bit more about what you're using to give a good reason..

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Richard Ronhovde 1001599
Posted
Posted
Hi

Wheni set my weather on high quality then the computer start lagging can yno one tell me why my computer is:

3.12GB Ram

512 Radeon HD2400

Service POack 3

Windows XP Home Edition

Thnaks Matt

Get a few more Graphic cards... You can ie have 3x 512 Radeon HD2400 that might fix your problem.

I'm From PARIS, FRANCE ... were are you from ?

Posted
Posted

i am usng fs9 but i dont understand what is msfs.

Student One Controller.

"Aviator |Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es " are the best ......

"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will long to return.” –Leonardo da Vinci

Joshua Kenzler 936689
Posted
Posted

msfs is microsft flight simulator.

Joshua Aaron Kenzler

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted
Hi

3.12GB Ram

512 Radeon HD2400

Service POack 3

Windows XP Home Edition

Thnaks Matt

Get a few more Graphic cards... You can ie have 3x 512 Radeon HD2400 that might fix your problem.

actually that will not fix his problem. 1 GC is perfectly fine. I dont even think FS9 or FSX uses SLI or Crossfire. He just needs a new GC.

VATSIM Supervisor

Anthony Atkielski 985811
Posted
Posted

All versions of MSFS are CPU-bound. It's better to upgrade the CPU than the graphics card, and a dual-core with a fast clock is preferable to a quad-core with a slower clock.

8564.png

Wyatt Najaro 839595
Posted
Posted
Hi

3.12GB Ram

512 Radeon HD2400

Service POack 3

Windows XP Home Edition

Thnaks Matt

don't listen to that unless you have money burning a whole in your pocket you will get no performance enhancement out of the MSFS line of products with multiple GPU's.

Richard are you serious or just saying this stuff for fun stop feeding the search engines with garbage... most of your comments would work for 99% of games on the market but it's worthless for FSX.

Richard Ronhovde 1001599
Posted
Posted

Im no FSX expert, but for me it works with multiple cards.

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that FSX is like any other Cmputer Game.

Also, for the record, I have notised a preformance increase when using multiple cards, I can't run FSX Online with the setings I have unless i use them (think it is because FSINN Multiplayer Traffic takes alof of CPU power) so when I only have 1 card enabled then it goes Veeeery Slow.. when enableing the multi cards it goes very good... So something it must do.

FSX is a mess, It realy is, because there is so much information out there, and it is all making different claims.

I can only speak for my personal experiences, and I experience a huge Frame Rate Gain when Redusing FSINN Multiplayer Trafic to 40 Aircrafts vs the max of 64, and I experience a huge Frame Rate Advantage when enabeling multiple grafic cards via SLI, I also find a huge Frame Rate Gain when "having alot of system memory" installed, but have never seen FSX using much of it. Enabeling DirectX10 also gives me a nice Frame Rate gain, and Im now using 2 Slower Disks (500 GB, 16MB Cash, and 7200) via RAID, and find it to be a lot faster then 2 Raptor Disks doing 10000 rpm, with 1 of them dedicated to FSX.

Aigan, im no expert, but have used arround 3 week tweaking my system, and do only make my conclutions based on my experiences.

Anyway, thats my personal experiences, what the actual "numbers and figures" are I can't tell.

I'm From PARIS, FRANCE ... were are you from ?

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

Hmm.. As Mateusz is using FS9, Here is what I would suggest.

I'm not sure where the HD2400 compares to other PCI-E cards ([Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming that it is), I'd leave at medium to high (don't max it out), and set a target frame rate. Better yet, before changing anything, check what your stats are with having the weather up on high. before taking off, hit Shift-Z 3 times. That should pull up where you are (lat/lon), your FPS, and your target. My guess is that your target is really low. For a 512MB video card, you should be able to get some good graphics out of it. Try bumping that up. I have a 512MB nVidia 8800GT card, and I currently have my target FPS set at 60. I'm getting pretty smooth FPS through rough weather with that. But tweak that to what is best for you, and see what you get.

Another thing I am doing is I am running FS9 in a windowed mode (not full screen), but stretch the window to where it takes up the full screen. Other than that, you have a good dual core processor, so I don't think that is the problem. Memory definitely isn't the problem. But if the above doesn't work for you, you may want to try grabbing a newer/better video card.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller