You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Booking list

Chris Thomas 959675

Chris Thomas 959675
Posted
Posted

Hi all are we able to sort out a booking list for the UK atc while our site is down. I expect i know the answer but i had to ask anyway.

Cheers

Chris

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Can you not book your position via vROUTE, and check there for other bookings?

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

Chris Thomas 959675
Posted
Posted

Cheers Matt i have not used that before will it just show as a normal booking and will they show if it was a mentoring session ?

Cheers

Chris

Daniel Green 996057
Posted
Posted
Cheers Matt i have not used that before will it just show as a normal booking and will they show if it was a mentoring session ?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

it only show up as a nomal booking

Daniel Green

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Cheers

Chris

Yes, mentoring sessions will appear as a normal booking, there are other applications out there also that allow you to book your position other than vROUTE.

Matt Booker

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

Lack of the pucka bookings and mentoring lists is the biggest thing missing for us winged wonders without UK-1... plus of course the entire mentoring system itself, then there's TS..... the forum....and Gunnar telling us he's "away" every other day.... maybe it has upsides then

Bill Casey

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

There's a backup forum for NRTS members to communicate and book mentoring sessions, but I'm not sure whether this facility exists for other RTSs's. I'd recommend just using vRoute or controlling "as and when" until the site comes back on, apart from that I don't think there's much else we could do.

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted
There's a backup forum for NRTS members to communicate and book mentoring sessions

Really, you people are falling apart, we should have our beloved site and teamspeak back in due course

Matt Booker

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted
There's a backup forum for NRTS members to communicate and book mentoring sessions

Really, you people are falling apart, we should have our beloved site and teamspeak back in due course

We can only hope!

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted
and Gunnar telling us he's "away" every other day.... maybe it has upsides then

Don't worry Bill, lack of the UK forum won't stop me!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Kris Thomson
Posted
Posted

Hey I cant book on vroute it wont let me! Any suggestions??

Kris Thomson C1

CTP Planning Team member

VATSIM UK Live! Organiser

Follow VATSIM UK Live! on Twitter

34.png

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

VATSIM UK has a specific setting with Vroute that stops people from booking on it. It was supposed to allow bookings only through RTS, which of course is currently down. Could this blocking device be removed?

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Yes - immediately, if needed. I'd appreciate if someone from VATUK** could contact me on [email protected] if that's your decision.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Clint Wallis 1078533
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Clint Wallis 1078533
Delete

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Did the author not ask for someone from VATUK Staff to contact him before you can use this feature.

Matt Booker

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Correct. If you want something changed quickly please hurry up, i'll be out of office from Thu (today!) 2200Z until Mon 1200Z.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Sean Reedman
Posted
Posted

I've contacted Michal this evening - it will be temporary until we get our web page back up which hopefully will not be too much longer - no set date yet but I and the web team are working on it every spare minute we have.

Sean Reedman

Sean Reedman
Posted
Posted

Thanks to Michal you can now book through Vroute - enjoy

Sean Reedman

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

Is this now the official method of position booking - what about those who do not have it? Where does mentoring fit in?

These are questions raised on the NRTS board

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much Sean and Michal.

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted
Is this now the official method of position booking - what about those who do not have it? Where does mentoring fit in?

Callum,

While the VATUK site is down you have no other option but to use vROUTE to book your position as it stands - It is not mandatory to make a booking in order to control - Mentoring does not show on vROUTE it will appear as a normal booking. While the VATUK site is down you have to expect a drop in mentoring. If you are in contact with your RTSM then he/she maybe able to sort something out for you, who knows.

Cheers

Matt Booker

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

Callum,

While the VATUK site is down you have no other option but to use vROUTE to book your position as it stands - It is not mandatory to make a booking in order to control - Mentoring does not show on vROUTE it will appear as a normal booking. While the VATUK site is down you have to expect a drop in mentoring. If you are in contact with your RTSM then he/she maybe able to sort something out for you, who knows.

Cheers

Northern is fine, we have our own board and have been organising our own mentoring - I'm just trying to find out what's going on elsewhere, because we're basically governing ourselves at the moment...

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Callum,

Cheers

Northern is fine, we have our own board and have been organising our own mentoring - I'm just trying to find out what's going on elsewhere, because we're basically governing ourselves at the moment...

Northern are at an advantage then...

Matt Booker

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Callum,

Cheers

Northern may well be governing themselves and have their own mentoring system, but none of the mentoring will be officially recognised as results will not get into the main database. What happens when UK 1 comes back up

1) who will transfer your mentoring data?

2)under what rules will it be validated?

3)how will other controllers waiting for VATUK to come back and get into the mentoring system feel?

I feel these questions need to be asked and answered, I have one new controller who is desperate for mentoring. He could not have his practical exam due to the system being down, he is now at sea for several weeks so will have to hope that VATUK is back up when he gets back, how will he feel if northern members have leapfroged ahead of him on an unofficial system.

The more I think about this the more I feel an offical line needs to be put forward.

Whilst I applaude your efforts it smacks a little of UDI, the older one's amongst us will know what that means but for you younger types.

"Unilateral Declaration of Independance" is a rocky road to follow, look what happened to Ian Smith with Rhodesia aka Zimbabwe, and that Mugabe fellow. What will happen if all regions go down this route, remember Starwars and the collapse of the republic and democracy, do we have a young padawan waiting in the wings to create a VATSIM Uk after his own vision.

You may think I am being paranoid, I'm not, I am just following a train of thought that leads me to pose a view that no one else seems to have thought about....yet.

Northerns actions feel a little like the thin end of the wedge to me, a move that perhaps we should all keep an eye on.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Stuart Duncan
Posted
Posted

Hi Wycliffe,

Whilst I get what you're saying, I think you're being a touch melodramatic.

who will transfer your mentoring data?

In the absence of the UK site/mentoring database, a thorough debrief at the end of a locally arranged mentoring session can suffice. At Northern's level, there is no minimum or maximum number of mentoring sesisons required for a given position, so the only two downsides are that sessions/progress are not recorded on the UK server and just maybe, a backlog of exams for the examiners when the UK site returns (wishful thinking ). The other benefits of mentoring remain extant.

under what rules will it be validated?

Mentoring is mentoring. As long as it is conducted in the correct manner, ie conducted by authorised mentor for the position and are no rating changes required, there is no problem - everything is still done on the live servers in accordance with VAT UK policy/GRP. Some places in the world have no RTS system equivilent, and they manage just fine.

how will other controllers waiting for VATUK to come back and get into the mentoring system feel?

It is impossible, in life, to please everyone.

Northerns actions feel a little like the thin end of the wedge to me, a move that perhaps we should all keep an eye on.

I think NRTS should be commended for their pragmatic approach to overcoming a problem that all UK controllers face with the site being down. Barrie is a very capable RTSM and I'm sure he keeping a close eye on what's going on behind our scenes.

MSMXV! placeholder.