You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

A couple of questions, related to recent findings

Hans Utne 813128

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Just recently started using ES (EURN_FSS), which I find a bit tricky at start, but am now pretty happy with it.

Except for the following:

1. When using an alias-file (based on the variables found in the ES doc), does these automatically pick up the "mouse-over" TAG-status? I.e. heading, next controller (w/Freq), temp altitude, etc). If not, will this be implemented in future versions?

2. Still using available variables, if the present altitude or cruise is in FL (e.g. FL300, i.e. in hundreds of feet), how come using relevant alias for altitude gives me FL in feet (30000)? Anything I have overlooked?

3. Being online as _FSS, with a C+ rating, I have 1500nm max setting available. However, changing my rating to SUP, I suddenly find myself restricted to max 600nm range. Is this correct, or is there an over-ride available? What I am getting at, is that if traffic allows, I can as well provide SUP services, but not if ES restricts my range, as this will also complicate my sector control.

4. Is there an easy way to import NATs? (updated Norht Atlantic tracks)

5. Controlling a sector consisting of both Feet and metric altitudes (bordering Russia), is there a smart way to have both available at your fingertips?

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Hans,

1. All aliases use the ASEL aircraft and never the mouse over. Only the HOME, F3, F4 and F9 buttons use the TAG below the mouse if enabled.

2. At the moment all altitude related alias values return XXXX altitude value if below transition altitude and FLXXX when above. No function is available that returns feet above the transition altitude.

3. It seems to be a bug. I will fix it.

4. NATs are not yet available. This is mostly due to the lack of my knowledge about NATs. But I will consult about it with the beta team.

5. At the very beginning I was asked if metric values can be available. But so far there was no strong enough request. I think it should not be an extreme difficult calculation. If someone can define me how it should be displayed, I am ready to add it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Gergely,

1. Understood. Maybe my comment was ambigious, but both ASEL a/c and relevant TAG was the same in this instance.

2. That is what I thought, but this happend even with TA set? So obviously I must have overlooked something. Will recheck setup.

3. Thank you.

4. Looking forward to it, also for ES to be used by our Oceanic sectors

5. The calculation is no problem, as I am using available tables and modified alias'. Was more a question if one could switch between two versions, one Metric and the other Feet

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Gergely,

2. At the moment all altitude related alias values return XXXX altitude value if below transition altitude and FLXXX when above. No function is available that returns feet above the transition altitude.

This is not what happens, and I do not need XXXXX feet above TA/TL

With TA set to A70, using a test-alias ".test $alt $calt $cruise $temp" on an a/c flying at FL370 with no set Temp Alt, returns the following values in the message window:

"37000 37162 37000 0"

What I anticipated was:

"370 372 370 0"

This was all in sim-mode, i.e. not connected to VATSIM. But, I had the same issue when connected, hence my original question.

Setting a Temp Alt from the TAG, when above TA, returns climbs and descents in FL XXX.

So what am I missing?

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Hans,

I think that you are just missing the latest beta I have fixed the FL/Altitude issue in the current release. So it will be available in the next public release.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

AHA!!

So it was not my fault after all?

Looking forward to the next version, as I have never been part of the beta-process

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC