You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ESE-file and Positions

Hans Utne 813128

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Copying a POF-file's contents into the ESE-file, I have found one or two items which are not clear to me.

Ref [POSITIONS] section.

Field 6 and 7 holds the callsign prefix and suffix respectively.

- For sectors being split up into sub-sectors during heavy traffic - event, where you will add a middle letter to indicate relevant sector, where should this one go? In field 6 (eg XXXX_N) or in field 7 (eg N_CTR)? Or, doesn't it matter for the functionality of ES?

Field 8 and 9 are not used by ES (at least this is what I have read in the doc).

- Will ES ignore any contents in these to fields, or do they have to be "empty" (:-:) not to mess up anything?

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Dan Arsenault 949706
Posted
Posted

Hi,

The following line is what mine looks like and works fine:

Gander Radio:Gander Radio:131.700:GO:Q:CZQX:FSS:CZQX:FSS:2501:2577 =

NAME:RNAME:FREQ:SECID:ARTSTAG:CALLPREFIX:CALLSUFFIX:LINE1:LINE2:LSQUAWK:HSQUAWK

Hope this helps.

Dan

CZQM/CZQX Instructor

VATCAN

Dan [Mod - Happy Thoughts]nault

CZQM/CZQX Instructor

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted

Hi Hans!

I did it this way:

EDGG_S_CTR:Langen Radar:127.500:GGCS:G:EDGG:CTR:EDGG:S_CTR:2160:2177:N050.01.35.120:E008.32.35.250

As you can see, the middle letter is not in field 6 or 7.

8 and 9 are unused, yes, so ES ignores the content.

Regards,

Jannis

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Dan,

Your reference is the original syntax for ASRC/VRC, which is well known to me

But, as you may appreciate, that syntax is not 100% compatible with ES, for more reasons (fields used, number of characters per field, etc).

Jannis,

Yes, I found that in the newly downloaded ESE for EURM. But, what puzzled me was the presence of contents in fieldf 8 and 9, plus the "lack of" either _S or S_ in fields 6 and 7

As you have also added a position following field 11 (or in field 12), is that the CTR ref pos, or a view pos?

And, if all manned sectors from CTR (incl APP/TWR) does appear as expected in ES, clearly indicating non-manned positions? If so, I will use the same syntax for the EURN

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted
Jannis,

Yes, I found that in the newly downloaded ESE for EURM. But, what puzzled me was the presence of contents in fieldf 8 and 9, plus the "lack of" either _S or S_ in fields 6 and 7

Well, I have to say that this is the syntax which I adopted from Stephan Boerner. He said that with no middle letter in fields 6 or 7 other callsigns starting with field 6 and ending with field 7 are accepted as the station. So for example EDDK_T_TWR (T for Training) can "be" EDDK_TWR if the correct frequency is set.

As you have also added a position following field 11 (or in field 12), is that the CTR ref pos, or a view pos?

This is the vis-center for the station, when logging in, you are automatically centered above "your" airport etc.

And, if all manned sectors from CTR (incl APP/TWR) does appear as expected in ES, clearly indicating non-manned positions? If so, I will use the same syntax for the EURN

Sorry, I don't understand this... Do you mean, that non-manned positions are indicated in ES?

Regards,

Jannis

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I don't understand this... Do you mean, that non-manned positions are indicated in ES?

No, the contrary, that with your file-structure, that the manned positions do show up properly in ES

However, this has been answered in PM, so I am happy. Thanks Jannis.

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC