You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Features

Zafar Ballard 1021575

Zafar Ballard 1021575
Posted
Posted

Would it be possible to add some features that will allow Euroscope to realistically simulate most UK radar screens (a similar post is in the VRC forums);

The main changes that I would see being useful are;

Implementation of UK "intention codes";

the last two letters of the ICAO are shown for airfields inside the UK,

For flights to the Dublin area (EIDW and nearby) DW is shown for the intention code,

For flights to/near Amsterdam AM is shown,

For flights into the Brussels TMA EB is shown,

For all other flights, intention codes are shown depending upon the point of exit of the London FIR;

intetnions.jpg

This could be done through changing the "display FIR exit points" to also allow exit points to be translated to two letter codes, intention codes(perhaps [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned in a similar way to SIDS and STARS?), and if not leaving the FIR, then the last two letters of the destination.

Also, the ability to change the colours of the trails independently from the rest of the tag, and the ability to change what the symbols for each "blip" are.

Finally, and perhaps the most useful, is to allow more than 1 VFR code to be entered, and any and all VFR squawks appear as unidentified always, rather than automatically tagging up if they will enter a sector.

Hope these are possible, sorry if any have already been said and are being worked on, but I would love to see Euroscope have these features.

generate.php?cid=1021575

0.png

Colm Fitzgerald 1037650
Posted
Posted

You probably could do it within the ESE file, I dont think it would need to be added as a feature of Euroscope however!

Its possible you could change the controller ID of next controller to these codes and it would display before handoff in the tag.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

I'm quite sure (99%), intention codes won't be in the next release (v3.1). However it might be possible to do that via plugin. I would suggest to wait for the next release and the list of already available plugins. I know there are plugins that do similar things, but maybe not just what you are searching for.

History dot can already (current beta) be customized, but I think the color of the trail can not be changed yet. That might be small enough to include it for the next version, otherwise it would have to wait until a v3.1.x beta.

A VFR-range is already available in the current beta. There might be a list of squawks as well as it is requested, but that is not yet implemented, only planned. In professional mode, VFR sqawking aircrafts are always uncorrelated, so that might be what you are looking for, when you are requesting them to be unidentified. (And now don't ask what uncorrelated means, just wait for the new version and the updated wiki )

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Zafar Ballard 1021575
Posted
Posted

That does sound excellent, the intention codes wouldn't quite work with controller tags, as it depends on FIR exit, though I will look and see how feasible it is, especially with a new version coming.

generate.php?cid=1021575

0.png

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

History dot can already (current beta) be customized, but I think the color of the trail can not be changed yet. That might be small enough to include it for the next version, otherwise it would have to wait until a v3.1.x beta.

This is my favorite feature in the beta - Your Tags look just like PARK AIR

atc1o.png