You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where is everybody?

Vince Horan

Vince Horan
Posted
Posted

The lack of traffic this week is very noticable. No VATSIM-UK server doesn't mean no UK ATC or flying ?

Vince Horan

UK DCRM, VATSIM Supervisor, Snr Controller

4003.png

Lee Grant 1099509
Posted
Posted

I have noticed this too in regard to traffic ,my tcas is very empty tonight only 4 aircraft around

What i have found is that i cant see at the moment what atc will be online that night so i can plan my flights around it , as im only a pilot i can not access the booking on vroute i think to see who will be online that night

1099509.png

2.png

Callum Riseley 1058796
Posted
Posted
I have noticed this too in regard to traffic ,my tcas is very empty tonight only 4 aircraft around

What i have found is that i cant see at the moment what atc will be online that night so i can plan my flights around it , as im only a pilot i can not access the booking on vroute i think to see who will be online that night

Everybody has access to vRoute, you just need to register with them with an e-mail adress and shabam you're on.

I've noticed the decline too, it seems people think no website means no VATSIM yet forget that in many regions a static website or even no website is what they have to use and they are still functioning. Northern RTS has coped extremely well, however. We have set up our own forum (Callum M and Barrie are to thank) and have got our own temp TS server and are continuing with mentoring etc. however the decline in traffic is affecting the mentoring sessions greatly.

Vatsim Germany | S2 | Düsseldorf RG | Köln

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

I agree Vince,

UK traffic levels have been markedly down from what I would normally expect during the last couple of weeks.

Regards,

Gareth

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

The decline is most likely due to the reduced ATC in the UK due to the kaputt website, no bookings, and possibly the lack of communication.

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

When UK-1 snuffed it there was a sudden rash of "can't log on" posts in the FSInn support forum. It seems that it defaults to UK-1 for connections and if you havn't read the set up details you wouldn't know about being able to change servers. The rash of posts certainly suggests that a lot of people were unaware of this and many may just think Vatsim is indeed "off" or their system is knacked.

Every installation I've ever done of it defaults to UK-1 so either it's a) Clever and picks the closest to me or b) Is a default. If the latter then it would certainly explain why UK-1 was so heavily used.

Either that or they heard that I and Smiffy were trying to fly ATR's last night and expected carnage

Bill Casey

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted
The decline is most likely due to the reduced ATC in the UK due to the kaputt website, no bookings, and possibly the lack of communication.

Yes I agree with this as well. But now that Vroute allows UK bookings, we should see numbers rise a little more. Bookings always attract a lot of traffic.

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

Ian Oliver
Posted
Posted

Last night was amazing...when I logged on there were 5 aircraft in all of the UK and Ireland.

Suggestion: could a notice be made for the VATSIM.net (and maybe other sites) stating

that ANY server can be used to log on and not just UK-1 ... though actually I use the EU servers are they're closer and less heavily used...

Ian

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

I'll make a post in general discussion. May work hopefully. Fingers crossed

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

John Hubbard 967668
Posted
Posted

post deleted

vpa489.png

James Harvey 959593
Posted
Posted

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Traffic seams fine to me - at Edinburgh tonight i had 6 inbounds, (2 SRA'S) 7 Departures and 1 person flying the IFR circuit.

atc1o.png

Ian Oliver
Posted
Posted
Traffic seams fine to me - at Edinburgh tonight i had 6 inbounds, (2 SRA'S) 7 Departures and 1 person flying the IFR circuit.

Quite a bit more tonight...unfortunately I managed to fly to EGPH between Scottish control going off and you comming on....oh, the irony

Ian

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

Ah well you see, last night was the perfect evening for UK flying thanks to the weather in the Caribbean. Sequence as follows:

1) Watch an excellent England bowling performance to restrict WI to 239-9

2) 2 hour rain-break to facilitate a full flight to take place with control at both ends

3) Land, disconnect, leg it downstairs (via fridge) to catch the first ball of Strauss' astonishing innings to win the match by 9 wkts

Who could ask for more?

Bill Casey

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

I did something similar once, as ATC

Sequence as follows

1) EGFF Radar departed BAWXXX at 0700 zulu

2) catch EZYXXX to Madrid from Bristol real world.

3) get to daughters house in Moraleja, Madrid

4)log on as EGFF radar and landed BAWXXX on his return flight from Southern Spain.

Clearly he must have had a stop over for a couple of hours.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks