You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where can I get Sector Files?

Neil Whiteley 1103142

Neil Whiteley 1103142
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm new to VATSIM and was looking forward to observing for a while after having configured my software environment. It's really frustrating not to have the UK Website available as I can't really do anything without sector files.

Is it possible to obtain UK sector files from anywhere else during the Website's absence?

Cheers.

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

Good point Neil.

I have put one sectorfile on my webspace so that at least you can 'have a look'

LTMA Sector File

Regards,

Gareth

Neil Whiteley 1103142
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gareth

Stuart Duncan
Posted
Posted

Neil,

Why not mention where you'd like to control/what RTS you'd like to join, and perhaps someone would send you the sector file you need.

Just a thought........

MSMXV! placeholder.

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

Hi Stuart,

since Neil joined on 26th March (from the forum join date) and may have never seen the VATSIM-UK site prior to it being taken offline he probably has no idea of what an RTS is; let alone which one he may want to join.

Cheers,

Gareth

Stuart Duncan
Posted
Posted

True

MSMXV! placeholder.

Neil Whiteley 1103142
Posted
Posted

Hi Gareth / Stuart,

Thanks for your replies.

Having only joined on the 26th March I actually have never seen the VATSIM-UK Website, as Gareth rightly spotted. I know that I need to take up some training but have no details (idea) on how this might be accomplished without the information from the Website.

Manchester would be my natural choice for the area I'd like to control but having observed for a couple of days ( I have a UK sector file) there seems to be little or no traffic moving in and out of that area at the moment so I'm not sure what good it would do me to observe Manchester. Everything seems to be happening around London.

Is it even possible to start any sort of training without the UK Website and if so can you point me in the right direction? I don't really want to just observe forever

Cheers,

Neil.

Zafar Ballard 1021575
Posted
Posted
Manchester would be my natural choice for the area I'd like to control but having observed for a couple of days ( I have a UK sector file) there seems to be little or no traffic moving in and out of that area at the moment

Evidently you didn't see it this evening

In any event, Northern RTS is the one you want for Manchester, and I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you, there is plenty of traffic usually. If you are interested, drop by our temporary forums, where we have some backups of the sector files;

http://www.joplin.me.uk/nrts/index.php

If you do decide to take up controlling at Manchester, I look forward to hearing from you.

generate.php?cid=1021575

0.png

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Neil

And to contact Barry Joplin the Northern RTSM then email northern.rtsm[AT]vatsim-uk.co.uk (replacing [AT] with @).

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor