You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

** URGENT VATUSA Website **

Scott Bickford

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted

The VATUSA Web site is experiencing difficulties. You can still reach us at http://208.56.247.54

If you have problems, please state as much information as possible such as url, what you were trying to do and what the result was (error messages). This will help us fix it as soon possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Scott Bickford

• Tyler Devereaux 816023

• Lance Williams

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 12 posts

• Scott Bickford

Scott Bickford 8 posts

• Tyler Devereaux 816023

Tyler Devereaux 816023 7 posts

• Lance Williams

Lance Williams 6 posts

Popular Days

• Jul 22 2005

22 posts

• Jul 21 2005

19 posts

• Jul 23 2005

9 posts

• Jul 19 2005

7 posts

Matthew Merkey 936144
Posted
Posted

It looks like a domain squatter has hijacked your domain. Every time I go to the vatusa.org domain, I get one of those infamous domain squatting pages we all love to hate.

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

ditto. I just was going to vatusa.org and that page came up like matthew said, so I came here to find out what happened. Tough luck. Its horrible the things that people do these days.

Jason Baxter 920557
Posted
Posted

what a loser

CS13_Sig_D.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What about using subdomains, such as vatusa.vatsim.net? Nobody can squat on those, as long as you retain control of the parent domain (vatsim.net) that is.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Lee Collier 892337
Posted
Posted

sub-domains, actually thats a REALLY good idea, each artcc/division/region goes the way it currently does, uses it's own hosting, but VATSIM has sub-domain redirects for EVERY artcc/division/region - certainly would eradicate not being able to find the website!

Lee

Lee

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Could someone explain to me what domain squatting is ?

pilot.gif

3712.png

Owen Catherwood 903683
Posted
Posted

this isn't a squatter, guys, it's simply the people who leased the vatsim.org name to us. It's the standard "nobody owns this domain at this time because the domain expired or has never been used". It appears it has been re-registered, but now it takes a while for the new DNS translation to propogate through all the routers.

KZSE C3/Facilities Administrator

1798.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The new DNS has already propagated. That's why we're all seeing the generic web site. If the current owner really does intend to have it point to the VATSIM web site, then he/she needs to update the new DNS servers. Owen, how do you know that it's not a squatter?

The domain is currently registered to Colleen Donahue. I did a search in the VATSIM member database, and found no matches, even with different last names. Anyone recognize that name?

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Too bad the re-registration of this domain was possibly overlooked or dropped somewhere. I don't know Colleen Donahue but notice that she lives in Simi Valley, CA.

It's a little ironic actually, I've only known one other person in my life from that town.... well at least this what my spidey sense is telling me. It's been wrong before...

Good thing he's not the only one with a few good cards left...

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

Jim Johnson 814050
Posted
Posted

It's a little ironic actually, I've only known one other person in my life from that town.... well at least this what my spidey sense is telling me. It's been wrong before...

Good thing he's not the only one with a few good cards left...

***Paging Mr. Sketch Rosen...***

Jim Johnson

VP - Membership (VATGOV12)

j.johnson(at)vatsim.net

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted

haha how about vatusa.us! haha

Tyler Devereaux 816023
Posted
Posted

I say VAT.US =\

Although anything that will get the site working so I can submit an ARTCC Transfer request would be nice since VATUSA5 is unable to do it for me =(

Tyler "T" Devereaux

VATUSA-816013-Controller

Jim Johnson 814050
Posted
Posted

Although anything that will get the site working so I can submit an ARTCC Transfer request would be nice since VATUSA5 is unable to do it for me =(

Tyler,

Try this page:

http://208.56.247.54/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=PN_Content&file=index&req=visit&artid=33

Jim Johnson

VP - Membership (VATGOV12)

j.johnson(at)vatsim.net

Tyler Devereaux 816023
Posted
Posted

Rg, thanks. Im well familiar with that page.. I visit it about 5 times each day to see if the form works. The problem with that page is, the script "formproc.php" (which is where the form directs the browser on submission) does its stuff.. then it directs you to a vatusa.org page. So I can never complete the process because that script always directs the browser to a link on vatusa.org (instead of the IP.. its a simple matter of using some variables in your code instead of typing 'vatusa.org' in the parts of code that redirect). Incidently, since Im tired of seeing that form (and filling it out) Ive made a simple lil webpage on my home machine that acts as if it were the form at the link you gave me. basically my lil webpage just has a submit button and it submits all my data to the vatusa link as if I'd filled out that form, but saves me the trouble of filling it out.

Tyler "T" Devereaux

VATUSA-816013-Controller

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
I say VAT.US =\

I have fixed the redirect. Let me know how it works.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
The VATUSA Web site is experiencing difficulties. You can still reach us at http://208.56.247.54

If you have problems, please state as much information as possible such as url, what you were trying to do and what the result was (error messages). This will help us fix it as soon possible.

boing. Please reply to this message if your having problems. I will try to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you as soon as possible.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted (edited)

boing. Please reply to this message if your having problems. I will try to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist you as soon as possible.

ahah

Edited by Guest

Tyler Devereaux 816023
Posted
Posted

Ah thanks much Scott!!

Just a quick suggestion from another PHP guy: On formproc.php it doesn't have provisions for if people put special characters (',\,etc) into the "Transfer Reason" (the form field name is 'reason') field. As such, if you put soemthing like an apostrophe in your reason, it will screw up the SQL code that the script tries to send to the database (the apostrophe is evaluated as a closing quote for the SQL and causes an error). Simple fix:

For the example, let $reason be the variable [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the reason text entered in the forum

instead of directly calling $reason in your sql query, call addslashes($reason). So maybe your script has the query somewhat like this:

mysql_query('INSERT INTO `artcc_transfers` VALUES ('.$cid.','.$artcc.','.$reason.')');

You could fix the problem doing this:

mysql_query('INSERT INTO `artcc_transfers` VALUES ('.$cid.','.$artcc.','.addslashes($reason).')');

Of course, you will need to strip_slashes() the $reason data when you pull it out of the database or else you'll have a string that has added a '\' directly before any quotes or backslashes. Hope this helps, and thanks again

Tyler "T" Devereaux

VATUSA-816013-Controller

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted

this is interesting, i just looked up the domain.

Domain ID:D75100086-LROR

Domain Name:VATUSA.ORG

Created On:17-Jul-2001 21:37:49 UTC

Last Updated On:18-Jul-2005 09:31:34 UTC

Expiration Date:17-Jul-2006 21:37:49 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)

Registrant ID:9814274AB47E5C31

Registrant Name:Colleen Donahue

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
Ah thanks much Scott!!

Thanks for the suggestion, the php code was written by someone else. Like you said there's probably other places where the addslashes would need to be added.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
this is interesting, i just looked up the domain.

Domain ID:D75100086-LROR

Domain Name:VATUSA.ORG

Created On:17-Jul-2001 21:37:49 UTC

Last Updated On:18-Jul-2005 09:31:34 UTC

Expiration Date:17-Jul-2006 21:37:49 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)

Registrant ID:9814274AB47E5C31

Registrant Name:Colleen Donahue

ya I believe only Jeff can renew it since he's has the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word for it. Hopefully tomorrow...

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted

am i in the right year? is it 2006 already?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Of course, you will need to strip_slashes() the $reason data when you pull it out of the database or else you'll have a string that has added a '\' directly before any quotes or backslashes. Hope this helps, and thanks again

You won't need to strip the slashes. MySQL will remove them before storing the field value during the insert.

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted
am i in the right year? is it 2006 already?

I believe enom is / was (?) used by the host and according to support the "Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED " just needs to be "unlocked" by Jeff and then he can fix it. I thought I read something about 30 day period for him to renew, but I could be mistaken.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png