You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking For a Joystick-FS9

Mateusz Smolinski 1075726

Posted
Posted

Hello Pilots !! I need help I'm looking for a joystick , Can You give me some ideas thanks.

Student One Controller.

"Aviator |Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es " are the best ......

"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will long to return.” –Leonardo da Vinci

Tom Cahill 1078008
Posted
Posted

Alot of people like the Saitek X52 Throttle Joystick, but there are hundreds out there, I personally use a very basic Logitech Extreme 3D pro, which has a load of buttons, Yaw movement, so I can taxi the plane and a throttle, works handsomely.

If you want to be really adventurous, look at CH Products and there yokes. Hope that helped in some way

8751.png

Posted
Posted

Sure you did help thanks

Student One Controller.

"Aviator |Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es " are the best ......

"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will long to return.” –Leonardo da Vinci

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted

I use the Saitek Cyborg Evo. For a number of reasons.

The head of the joystick (top where your thumb and index finger go.) has 6 buttons (5 plus trigger) and the base has 6 (or 8 plus 2 shifts)

Has a twist for rudder, and a throttle thing... and most interesting of all. you can change the sticks configuration to be held in the Left hand or the Right hand. I personally use it Left handed for all my Fixed wing flying and I love it, Not having to cross hands for the Mouse and Keyboard. It's like sitting in the Captain seat of an Airbus in that respect, or the Captain seat in anything really as usually you'd use your right hand on the throttles and MCP and radios and flaps and speedbreak and overhead and pedistal etc etc anyway even if you were on an aircraft with a yoke.

I highly reccomend a left handed or (what you can buy usually being an) ambidexterous (left or right handed reconfigurable) stick for this reason.

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Scott D. Williams
Posted
Posted

I second the vote for the simple Logitech 3D Pro which has been a great performer for me for about 4 years.

I also use the CH Products yoke and have a few buttons that have quit but I enjoy it alot.

Scott D. Williams

KMEM

Sebastian Ayling 1020740
Posted
Posted

Saitek AV8R, best £25 I ever spent!

Sebastian Ayling - 1020740

xze7q.jpg

Shaun Paul Dobbs 1019770
Posted
Posted

I use the saitek pro yoke with throttle quadrant and it was the best 149 us dollars spent.

AAY1010Sig-1.jpg

Tanner Litowsky 877756
Posted
Posted

I have used the Saitek X45 for the past 6 years and it has done great! However I am looking at buying the Saitek Yoke soon.

N029TY

ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe | Phenom 2.3 Quadcore | 4G OCZ Reaper 1066 | 3870X2 (2) Crossfire | 1000W OCZ Power Supply

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

I'm using the saitek X52 flightcontrol system and it's good.

f1cert.gif

Kyle Whittle 1102201
Posted
Posted

Im currently using this thrustmaster: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-HOTAS-X-Joystick-For-PC-and-PS3

not in stock at the moment, but was only £25. Was reviewed in CustomPC hence I picked it up. The throttle parts does detatch and can have it on either side as desired. There is a total of 8 buttoms, with a viewfinder stick (a little thing on the joystick used for looking around). Also the joystick twists for rudder movement, and there is moving bit on the throttle for rudder that can be re-programmed. Its alreadfy pre configured for FSX, but not FS9, though its easily done. It can also be used with a PS3 for games like Hawx.

• 3 weeks later...
Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

When I had Logitech Extreme 3D pro it was a nice joystick.

I don't like joysticks that have 'the spring of death', ie really stiff chrome springs too abruptly to the center.

Videocard: GTX480

Processor: i7 core

Mainboard:

Memory:

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium

PSU: CAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXUK

http://www.youtube.com/user/joolsd