You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsim Virtual Airlines for X-Plane

Matthew Ellem

Matthew Ellem
Posted
Posted

I'll get straight to the point:

Are there any Virtual Airlines on Vatsim that are dedicated (or support) pilot's using X-Plane and or Mac's through Software, Aircrafts, Repaints etc???

If there is one please tell me!

Thx

Matt

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The only one I know of is California Air:

http://www.californiaair.net/

There may be others, of course. If you haven't already, try consulting the Oracle. (Google)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Matthew Ellem
Posted
Posted

I have consulted google and didn't come up with much

Thanks for the link.

I'll look into it but if there is any others, i'd like to hear them.

Seth Laws 1023369
Posted
Posted

Continental Virtual (VCair) isn't X-Plane, but I found all of VCair's fleet in X-Plane compatible formats.

I still use 8.64 (going to upgrade soon) so all of my aircraft are only compatible with it.

3.png

Without dreams, life ceases to entertain.

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

I think the one with the largest support of X-Plane in terms of aircraft, scenery and that kind of stuff is http://www.leipzigair.de. It's a german one, so I don't know if the language might be a problem.

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Can't speak for leipzigair, but California Airlines has a large fleet of aircraft, and a huge library of airport scenery.

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Just took a look on their website, looks great indeed. So let's say you got two good alternatives, Matthew

• 3 weeks later...
Paolo Primiero 929218
Posted
Posted

Yes ! very good is Leipzig Air, professional and correct /( Support X Plane and Microsoft Simulator ). Fly with Acars also online by Vatsim. The language is german but is not problem with english.

http://www.leipzigair.de/

With California Airlines http://www.californiaair.net Leipzig Air is the best for X plane Pilots.

I fly both online, in USA generally with California Airlines, in Europa with Leipzig Air.

Interesting for x plane users is also Air Northwest , http://www.airnorthwest.net , working together with California Airlines ( very good X plane airplanes - all time - downloads and Scenery ).

regards to all x- plane pilots

Paolo, Berlin , Germany

• 4 weeks later...
Eric Maresh 825570
Posted
Posted
Continental Virtual (VCair) isn't X-Plane, but I found all of VCair's fleet in X-Plane compatible formats.

I still use 8.64 (going to upgrade soon) so all of my aircraft are only compatible with it.

do you have the link to it.

Thanks

Eric Maresh

• 5 months later...
Peter Wolbart 1125684
Posted
Posted

Hey I recommend California virtual airlines. Everyone is nice there, and its 100% Xplane based. It also can be used in vatsim. Im a flight captain there. hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Peter

• 4 weeks later...
Anton Brondz 991762
Posted
Posted

There is also FreeWorld Airways. It's an airline which strives to be highly professional. I'm not a member there, but from what I understand their rules are strict, but otherwise they're quite good.

• 3 weeks later...
Thomas Love 1038516
Posted
Posted

Hi guys.

I am a member of Freeworld Airways and would highly recommend it.

It is a great virtual airline, with fantastic aircraft and realistic routes.

If your looking for a realistic, professional airline, this is the one.

It's main routes are in Europe, though there are others hubs in the USA and Australia as well as Asia.

To enter, you do need to sit a test, but all of the material is given to you.

Please Join!

TOM

• 6 months later...
Scott Bourque 1139997
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Try Catfish Air http://www.catfishair.com . We are a virtual airline servicing the Southern United States. Take care.

Scott

Catfish Air

CFA1025.png

CFA1025.png

• 3 weeks later...
Frank Calaghan 1144612
Posted
Posted

I recommend both, the California Airlines (CAX) and Air Northwest (ANW) airlines. I fly for both. They are both excellent in X-Plane support and friendly yet professional environment, with very helpful staffs. Both of these support VATSIM. Additionally, there are other types of flying you can perform while flying for these airlines - Reno Races, Red Bull Air Races, Historic flights, space flights, etc. just to name a few. You will be challenged. Come and join us!

~ Capt. Frank.

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Okay guys,

if this is going to be a VA promotion topic, please also consider Central African Airways VA. It supports X-Plane as well as FS9 and FSX. The automated PIREP system works with all three simulators, and in fact we have already liveries available for 11 different X-Plane aircrafts. Homepage: http://cfw.flyvatsimafrica.org/

Alex

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I have asked Callum to add an XPlane category to the links manager VA Partner system. All you XP VA's please edit your listing to add this category so the XP fliers can find you.

Kyle Ramsey

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

This has now been done; please see this thread for further information: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=51456

To edit your listing please visit our website which includes the relevant links to get you logged in - http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/v-airlines/

If you need any help, please do not hesistate to contact the VASOAT.

• 3 weeks later...
Phillip Kurus
Posted
Posted

Updating the Freeworld Airways comments above, I've recently joined the VA and can report:

--There is no test involved

--The rules are not at all strict (much the opposite, in fact)

--Best of all, and the main reason that I joined, you can use any aircraft you wish

Considering that most flight simmers are enthusiasts (rather than actually preparing for careers in commercial aviation) the elaborate rules and restrictions of so many VAs can be a real barrier to enjoyment.

Yes, different strokes for different folks, etc. Personally, I don't find much pleasure in bureaucracy, of which so many VAs seem to have so much. It is useful to remember sometimes that the virtual world is not the real world, and usually better for it.

If you're looking for an X-Plane friendly virtual airline that emphasizes fun over fanatical realism, a VA that says, sure, come and fly your own favorite aircraft if you'd prefer, then come on over and check out Freeworld.

There's a fleet to choose from if you wish, dozens and dozens of routes, a cleanly designed website and forum, and just enough structure for comfort, not confinement.

http://www.freeworld-airways.com/

• 1 month later...
Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

I'm also thinking of starting a VA that flies only birds like USAFR's X-Tern on the .org, pending actual approval by a supervisor, governor, ect.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53007

2vuh2cx.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

Negative on the Birds being allowed. Probably shouldn't have posted on here, almost every time somebody asks for a "Good VA", everybody and the president post saying "Join X, Join X!" Bad idea.

2vuh2cx.gif

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Hi Brendan,

in general I agree, in this case I would say it's something different. While you can take almost every VA if it suits your needs as an FS9/FSX pilot, indeed you need some time to find VAs that support X-Plane. So in this case I think this topic is quite useful. At least for me, got aware of a good amount for X-Plane VA's that I did not know so far.

Kind regards

Alex

Brendan Lynch 1167842
Posted
Posted

I would suggest that there be a change in the requirements to be listed as an "X-Plane" VA. I think that all VA's that allow X-Plane should be allowed to list themselves there. Most of us are aware that plenty of VA's require, not suggest, FSX or FS9. Some of them don't even have both of them, only X or 9.

2vuh2cx.gif

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted
I would suggest that there be a change in the requirements to be listed as an "X-Plane" VA. I think that all VA's that allow X-Plane should be allowed to list themselves there. Most of us are aware that plenty of VA's require, not suggest, FSX or FS9. Some of them don't even have both of them, only X or 9.

The only requirement is that the listing owner, which is a member of the listed VA, self select as a XPlane VA, and that they actually support XPlane pilots. There is no requirement that they be 100% XP.

Kyle Ramsey

William Cichy 1146759
Posted
Posted

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted

The only requirement is that the listing owner, which is a member of the listed VA, self select as a XPlane VA, and that they actually support XPlane pilots. There is no requirement that they be 100% XP.

There's a continuum of X-Plane support as well, it's not an either/or proposition. My VA, for example, supports X-Plane in that it supports XAcars as a reporting tool. Of course, like many VAs, it can be harder to find similar aircraft to the MSFS planes that are commonly used by the majority of the airline, but through the work of myself and the other X-Plane pilots in the airline, we've collected all but one of the aircraft, and that one hasn't been made for X-Plane yet, so we're pretty happy. Liveries are usually the harder part to come across, but we've been pretty lucky there, too.

My only beef with XAcars is that it doesn't give as many reports as the other Acars flavours, so on a status map of our pilots it simply shows my position but no ETA or distance remaining, etc, and XAcars doesn't report landing rates, so I don't qualify for the greased landing awards. I'm still very happy overall with the airline, however, as I'm not treated as a second-cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] citizen for using X-Plane, and the people are great—and that's usually the most important part.

My point is that it's hard to give a simple answer as to whether or not a VA 'supports' X-Plane, as that can mean different things to different people.

8942.png