You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connect VRC to ES via Proxy: works / allows inline windows

Jonas Eberle

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I do not know if this topic was ever raised, but I am so amazed that I want to share it. Euroscopes proxy server allows VRC clients to connect. I know, it might be old news for some of you, for others it might be interesting.

My VRC setup as TWR always had a small window "on top" that would show the final of the active runways thus no need to zoom-out to get an airport overview.

EuroScope does not support resizing windows nor making them "always on top", and after reading the "2 scopes" topic I gambled around a bit. Here is the solution:

25733202.jpg

That makes me happy and jumping around

The easy steps:

1) download a program that allows to stick windows "always on top". Via Google, I found http://www.codeproject.com/KB/DLL/WinPin.aspx (26kB, you need to register for free). Run it and make VRC "always on top".

2) in VRC, add the line "localhost localhost" to the myservers.txt

3) In EuroScope, start the proxy server. In VRC, connect to "localhost". (Works only if EuroScope is connected to VATSIM).

Works like a charm and saves you the F7 or the m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive middle mouse scrolling.

Thought ahead means you can mix your multi-montor setups with VRC and EuroScope instances (if you should ever need it...)

EuroScope Proxy server rules!

Henry McCabe 1034152
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jonas. I've been wanting to do this for a while.

Henry McCabe

VATUK

[email protected]

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Hmmm. To be honest I am a little bit surprised about this. The proxy connection needs some additional communications that is surely not available in VRC. So it is not intentional.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Wills Damasio 810202
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Euroscope have some features to show windows in part of the screen (right click maximize windows), so you can also do that using only Euroscope.

Regards

Wills Damasio

EUROSCOPE TROPA DE ELITE

http://www.euroscope-tropadeelite.com.br

"E agora o bicho vai pegar!

Tropa de Elite

Osso duro de roer

Pega um pega geral

Também vai Controlar você..."

(Original de Tihuana)

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

unintentionally: yes, I was surprised that it worked. Well it does no harm to the network at least. You cannot use VRC at its full function via proxy (no flightplans are transmitted etc.) but it is OK to show the traffic.

maximize window: no, that exactly (an inline window) is not possible with the built-in functions (so far).