You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-plane fog vs Clear skies

Peter Larsen 885332

Peter Larsen 885332
Posted
Posted (edited)

Without Clear skies it get's all foggy on my Mac but with clear skies i can see everything and do not have a frame rate hit, it's the same as without.

I can see skies and Airports from a distance.

Just a little notice. .

Edited by Guest
3500.png

Tanner Litowsky 877756
Posted
Posted

If you are getting an error saying that their are two many objects to render X-Plane will automatically reduce your visibility as it will never allow you to drop below 19fps. That being said FS is unrealistic in my opinion with its visibility because you can normally never see as far in the real world as you can in FSX.

N029TY

ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe | Phenom 2.3 Quadcore | 4G OCZ Reaper 1066 | 3870X2 (2) Crossfire | 1000W OCZ Power Supply

Peter Larsen 885332
Posted
Posted

Still it's boring to fly in a grey world.

Clear skies helps you see and clear that grey fog and it's not unreal.

3500.png

• 2 weeks later...
Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

I'm guessing that the presence of clouds is tipping your machine over the edge, performance-wise, causing the visibility to be reduced to maintain above the minimum frame rate.

Try turning off cloud shadows, and reducing the cloud size/density ratios. That will reduce the performance hit [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with rendering the clouds.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

So that's what it does. Never [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated the density with the grey clouds!! Tks for the info as always .

Cheers!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1