You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

terrain.dll error

Frenk Lee 888090

Frenk Lee 888090
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I get a problem with terrain.dll, the FS2004 show an error message with Terrain.dll then my FS is crashed, could anyone please tell me what is the problem?

Thanks,

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Hi Frenk,

The problem I am thinking of at the moment is that you are missing the Terrain.dll file out of your FS folder. You have two ways you can do it to fix it... You can manually replace the file if you know what you are doing if not take and easy way by just re installi Flight Simulator.. Make Sure you back up any scenery and aircraft!!! but first make sure that you fully uninstall it before re installing it then you should be able to fly again... If not try and get that .dll file of some on else and putting into its right place... I hope that fixes your problem!!!

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Frenk Lee 888090
Posted
Posted

Hi Matt:

Thanks for replying, I checked the FS2004/modules folder, the terrain.dll is not missing, could you please tell me what is other solution?

Thanks,

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Hi Frenk,

The file could be corrupted in a certain way I don't know I am not very good with computers... You could replace it with the same file of another person or you could try re installing FS9... I hope that fixes your problems

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello,

terrain.dll crashes usually result from installing a buggy or incompatible scenery. Disable any scenery you installed lately and recheck.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Frenk Lee 888090
Posted
Posted

HI,

I did not install any scenary, but I installed an aircraft into FS2004, is it the reason?

Thanks,

• 4 years later...
Bram Smit 1103759
Posted
Posted

i'm having the same problem after i installed the pmdg md-11 service pack

can anyone tell me what to do??