You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EUD Full Coverage Event - Good work!

Thomas George 827476

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

EUR%20full%20coverage.JPG

They say a picture says 1000 words and they weren't wrong.

Congratulations to ALL those involved in the VATEUD Full Coverage event this evening, not least to the guy in charge, Mr Fred Navarro.

I know that the Peters, Alex and I were kept very busy down in Malta!

Here's to the next one!

Thomas George

Thomas George 827476
Posted
Posted

*NB (no pun intended ): Thanks to Norman for the screenshot.

Thomas George

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

Also, congrats to the FSD Servers for staying up and connected throughout the evening.

Alexander Klink 844035
Posted
Posted (edited)

It was a really good event, I had a lot of fun getting to know Malta!

Thanks and congratulations to Fred, it was a great success I believe.

Edited by Guest
atc1o.png

Alex Williams 1017795
Posted
Posted

Haha, I can see myself on that picture. On topic: amazing job to both the controllers and the organisers, it was a real pleasure flying tonight!

"What comes up must come down"

Tore Urvik 1037465
Posted
Posted

This was a great event. Good feedback both from pilots and fellow ATC's. This should be done weekly

And +1 for the "I can se myself on the map"

Tore Urvik

Training Director VACCSCA

[email protected]

C1 controller

3500.png

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Very impressive, you guys are the best!

Kyle Ramsey

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

This event was really fun. I had full coverage from delivery in Amsterdam to approach in Lisbon. The only hole was LFFF center.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

I echo all the comments...this is exactly the kind of event where VATSIM shines. The technical sophistication of our network combined with the dedication of our members (especially the controllers and staff) was put to the test and demonstrated how good they really are. Well done to everyone involved!

Dave

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted
I echo all the comments...this is exactly the kind of event where VATSIM shines. The technical sophistication of our network combined with the dedication of our members (especially the controllers and staff) was put to the test and demonstrated how good they really are. Well done to everyone involved!

Dave

Good point Dave. At one point I looked at vatspy and saw 986 or 996 pilots connected and 245 controllers. The servers held up excellently I flew Amsterdam to Lisbon with no problems

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Hanspeter Rutschmann 85334
Posted
Posted

Though we had a relatively quiet evening at Geneva, I was impressed watching the pearl chain heading towards Malta.

Thanks to all who helped: Pilots, Controllers, Organizing Fred with his team and all the silent background techies who look after our servers instead of flying/controlling themselves - I strongly believe they exist

HP.

Member Services Department and Deputy vACC Switzerland Leader

best regards,

HP.

Leader vACC Switzerland

?id=lsas,vfrtue,euroscope&vid=853347

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted
Good point Dave. At one point I looked at vatspy and saw 986 or 996 pilots connected and 245 controllers. The servers held up excellently I flew Amsterdam to Lisbon with no problems

There were over 1150 connections at one point, according to vatSpy

Florian Harms
Posted
Posted

yeah,

real good fun. And what impressed me most: it was not a typical flyin over Europe, where you have the pearl of aircrafts moving from a to b. Much more I saw "realistic" traffic on a higher number then in the evenings. And very good pilots too. While loosing connection in the middle of the fight, i had a bit of problems coming back alive. But the pilots made it easy for me.

Cheers to Fred, the man behind the idea, thanks for creating this one.

Cheers to the controllers. Good work (as the map showed)

Cheers to the pilots for flying.

Flo

Florian Harms

VATSIM Europe Division / DCRM

Supervisor

Martin Bergin 931070
Posted
Posted

There were over 1150 connections at one point, according to vatSpy

I saw 1332 myself with Servinfo, and the network held 1200/1300 connections for the duration of the event. Well done to all - especially Fred for organising it all.

Looking forward to the next one

Colm Fitzgerald 1037650
Posted
Posted

Well done to Fred for organising and everybody else for taking part, was a great event, got over 5 hours solid controlling in