You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Time for rating change to take effect

Colin Zhang 1103737

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

Quick question: as the title asks, how long does it usually take for the system to process and upgrade my account? I p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the VATUSA Student Level (S1) Exam about 10 hours ago although I am still listed as a Pilot/Observer and cannot log in on an ATC position or as a Student1-rated observer. Thanks!

VATUSA ZSE Staff Mentor, S3

1798.png

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted
Quick question: as the title asks, how long does it usually take for the system to process and upgrade my account? I p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the VATUSA Student Level (S1) Exam about 10 hours ago although I am still listed as a Pilot/Observer and cannot log in on an ATC position or as a Student1-rated observer. Thanks!

Hi Colin,

You need to contact your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned ARTCC about becoming an S1. The test itself is just one of multiple requirements to obtaining that rating, ZOA could inform you on what is left to be done in order to obtain that rating.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

Ah thanks for the response. ZOA Controller Progression SOP indicates that after p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ing the S1 Exam the next step is to "Receive promotion to S1". I will contact someone over there to clarify

1798.png

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Your promotion has been processed and approved, Colin. You will receive an email confirming that you can use the S1 rating shortly, when the database is synched. Expect it no later than tomorrow morning.

Enjoy

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

Thanks Alex

1798.png