You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

It is normal? FPS issue!

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted

Today I finally moved on Windows 7 and installed FS9. Immediately I started FPS testing.

No addons - all sliders to max FPS couldn't go above 60. It's interesting that I moved all sliders to left and minimal graphics, still 60 FPS!!! Weird!

Then I installed addons (GE Pro, UT Europe, Flight Environment) all sliders max, using nHancer AA8x, AF16x at LOWW gate with PMDG 737 (no traffic) I'm not getting above 30FPS, sometimes they drop to 22FPS! Am I supposed to get these FPS values!

Here's my specs:

Intel Core2Duo E8400 @3.00GHz

Patriot 2GB @800Mhz

Samsung 500GB 7200 rpm

nVIDIA 9600GT 512MB

Recently I have read on forums that someone, even with lower specs than me can get above 50FPS average.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

You certainly should be getting better than that, are you using 1 monitor or 2?

siggy.png

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted

No, I'm using only 1.

Fatmir Jusufi

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

No, I'm using only 1.

Hmm that's odd, I had an FPS drop because I realised FS was overlaped onto the second monitor, but if you only have one this wont be the case.

Using the latest drivers?

siggy.png

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted

No, I'm using only 1.

Using the latest drivers?

Yeah, latest ones for Windows 7. I think I should go with 2 another GB of memory.

What are your specs and how many average FPS do you get?

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
I think I should go with 2 another GB of memory.

Unless you're swapping, additional memory won't make a difference. Are you using an LCD monitor?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted
Are you using an LCD monitor?

Yeah, 22" HP w2207. Running on 1680x1050!

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

If Windows thinks that the "refresh rate" on the screen is 60Hz, it may lock your frames at that rate. After all, why render more frames than the monitor can display? How to get around this limitation (if you can) is not something I'm familiar with.

Besides, why would you want to?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

Joseph Jaster 932528
Posted
Posted

If Windows thinks that the "refresh rate" on the screen is 60Hz, it may lock your frames at that rate. After all, why render more frames than the monitor can display? How to get around this limitation (if you can) is not something I'm familiar with.

Besides, why would you want to?

Cheers!

Luke

I agree, there isn't any reason to go above the monitor's refresh rate; but Windows will usually [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume a 60Hz refresh rate even for monitors with 75Hz. You can set this manually, I'm not sure how to do it in Windows 7, but you need to get to monitor properties, then check the tabs for the refresh rate drop-down menu. I wish I could help more, but I never ended up installing Windows 7 because I fried my motherboard

If you do want to go over the refresh rate, disable vertical sync; it should be in your video cards settings application, that will allow higher FPS, but like Luke, I don't see the point.

EDIT: One other thing to note, above 60-75 FPS, it is highly unlikely that you will notice any difference, the human eye can only see so many frames per second (not sure how many though), once you have smooth movement in the 60-75 range, its pointless to go any higher anyways.

4422.png

I1 - CZVR

Help controllers maintain their sanity; file a correct equipment code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment_codes

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

I doubt he'll be able to change anything, because if I recall correctly, LCDs don't actually have a refresh rate.

Cheers!

Luke

Fatmir Jusufi 1001462
Posted
Posted
LCDs don't actually have a refresh rate.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke is right. The maximum as I can see is 60 Hz. All I wanted was to get up to 30FPS when I play multiplayer (only at gates)!

Rgds,

Fatmir

Fatmir Jusufi

• 3 weeks later...
Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

I cant get higher that 60 Either. Its funny how I read how other people send pics of them getting 100 FPS in FS9... Thoughts anyone?

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB