You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX screen help

craig workman 929129

craig workman 929129
Posted
Posted

Hi all, up until recently have had no issues with FSX what so ever if I start up a flight always opened in full screen mode which is what I prefer and if I pressed the alt I could get the menu bar at the top of the screen.

However recently it has started loading up in a windowed mode and Im not entirely sure how i can get it back to the way it was previously and get it to open in full screen... I thought I could just press alt and change it to full screen mode that way when this happened at first but pressing alt does not seem to bring up the menu anymore either

Is there a shortcut or something i am missing in my settings to get full screen mode on?

Regards

Craig

craigworkman.png

Robert Kurtz 1034837
Posted
Posted

If you exit FSX in windowed mode, it will start the next time in windowed mode. If you exit it full screen, it will start next time in full screen. Alt+Enter switches between the two. If you can't get that to work for you: find your fsx.cfg file, open it in notepad, and look for the section that look something like this...

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
ProcSpeed=5810
PerfBucket=7
Location=185,22,1345,836,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=0

That last line is the important part. 0 is for false, 1 is for true. So as you can see, mine is setup to start in windowed mode. If you want yours to start in fullscreen (maximized) then set it to 1. Save. Then restart FSX.

3711154647_0eac39f1a2_o.jpg

craig workman 929129
Posted
Posted

Will give that a go, thanks for the reply.

Craig

craigworkman.png

• 2 years later...
Mark Tunkara 1152719
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this

pilot.ashx?ID=CXA261