You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ACSim Not Acknowleging Situation Files

Harold Rutila 974112

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

I haven't been able to load ACSim since my initial thread on problems running it. Since that thread, I've moved into a new house and also completely reformatted the hard drives on two computers.

I tried again last night to run ACSim, and this time I suppose there was a slight improvement. I'm now able to load sector files without any error messages. The all-time major setback right now is that after trying to get situation files to load, the program will lock up for a little bit, then return to the same screen I had just prior to loading the situation file.

On another note, with ACSim's apparent incompatibility with Windows 7, would it be possible to get a team together (or get someone to do this solo) to develop something new? I feel bad because I don't know any programming languages other than HTML/PHP/MySQL, and I know this is a lot to ask for, but it is a critical part of many divisional training programs.

Graeme Florance 906409
Posted
Posted

Harold,

I had ACSim working on the 32bit Beta Version Windows 7, but in the same postion as you with 64bit Release candidate. What version are you running?

Graeme

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I understand the new version of Euroscope will solve all our problems! The current version provides a simulator front end for the trainer but the students have to connect to the instructor's IP address which is not always possible. I believe the new version will connect to the sweatbox server - I'm certainly eagerly awaiting it.

(Of course student's can use any radar client)

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

While that's pretty cool, none of the sector files in my ARTCC (and many others in the United States) are not formatted for use in Euroscope (particularly our video maps). I would hope that this inclusion could also become a standalone client.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted
Harold,

I had ACSim working on the 32bit Beta Version Windows 7, but in the same postion as you with 64bit Release candidate. What version are you running?

Graeme

I should clarify that a little bit. I'm running Windows XP 32-bit, and it hasn't worked in a very long time. Two other training staff members are also experiencing the same problem.

• 1 month later...
Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

This is the ultimate in facepalm material. My CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word credentials were not filled in on the login window, which I discovered after looking at every possible option.